Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 6:02:41 AM EDT
From FoxNews.com...

BTW, nice 'battlefield pickup' look.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:33:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I would'nt think so. They just like to remove the butstocks.

They are such children.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:41:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would'nt think so. They just like to remove the butstocks.

They are such children.

I saw the tang and figured it was an 'el-cheapo, quick and dirty' improvised pistol.  

Wonder what the chrome looking barrel is about?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:44:55 AM EDT
[#3]
finish wore off.....

i kinda like em that way.

'cept the rust pitting....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#4]
that's still a rifle..but with the rear stock removed....still has the rear trunnion and tang sticking out..everyone does it

an AK pistol in US definition would have to have a clean rear trunnion where you couldn't put a stock back on

that brings up a good question about if we could do that....I guess we could if the overall length was over 26" of the AK
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
that's still a rifle..but with the rear stock removed....still has the rear trunnion and tang sticking out..everyone does it

an AK pistol in US definition would have to have a clean rear trunnion where you couldn't put a stock back on

that brings up a good question about if we could do that....I guess we could if the overall length was over 26" of the AK

I know, I was just surprised that they did that.

I wonder, if I built up one of my Romy kits with the forward grip, and later decided I wanted to change to a Romy sidefolding stock, would I technically have to remove the front grip so I wasn't in possession of an unregistered AOW while I switched the stock?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wonder, if I built up one of my Romy kits with the forward grip, and later decided I wanted to change to a Romy sidefolding stock, would I technically have to remove the front grip so I wasn't in possession of an unregistered AOW while I switched the stock?

Come on, man.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I'll write ATF a letter for shits and giggles
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#8]
While I was there we must have confiscated 1000s of them, and for some reason the Hajis LOVE removing the stocks if they don't have underfolders.

I was glad to see this trend due to it's effect on accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on, man.

What?  You think if you left it laying around like that and they saw it that they wouldn't bust you?

I wondered about sort of the same thing with my Saiga 12.  I want to chop the barrel to less than 18" and permanently attach a flash hider to make it 18 1/4".  Should I (not saying what I actually would or wouldn't do) take the barrel out of the trunion before I chop it, and not put it in until the FH is on?

They are serious about the Thompson Contender issue, regarding what order to add/remove barrels and stocks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on, man.

What?  You think if you left it laying around like that and they saw it that they wouldn't bust you?

I wondered about sort of the same thing with my Saiga 12.  I want to chop the barrel to less than 18" and permanently attach a flash hider to make it 18 1/4".  Should I (not saying what I actually would or wouldn't do) take the barrel out of the trunion before I chop it, and not put it in until the FH is on?

They are serious about the Thompson Contender issue, regarding what order to add/remove barrels and stocks.

I guess the answer is to finish the job. If 'they' are in your workshop, youve got a bigger shit sandwich to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll be sure that my smoke detectors are REALLY smoke detectors before hand, too...

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I think even without the stock it's considered a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I have seen that a lot on the news ,Iraq police standing in the middle of the road holding an ak without a buttstock
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:31:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw that a lot when I was there.  They like to clip the sling into the screw hole in the rear tang.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top