Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:30:57 PM EDT
Has anyone installed a Tapco T6 stock on a Vepr, along with a SAW pistol grip? Does it look stupid? My Robinson stock is 10.5" from the receiver and is way too long for me. I prefer the collapsible stocks on my ARs fully collapsed.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know, they don't fit.

Accountant
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#2]
It will fit, but there will be a noticable slant showing due to the reciever that the stock won't cover.  If that doesn't bother you, go for it.  However, the Tapco stuff is crap.  Get a VLTOR AK stock adapter.  It is much better in my opinion.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:04:17 AM EDT
[#3]
tag for pics?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
tag for pics?

God, why?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I used the ACE cut the tang reciever block and tweaked it and used a CAR stock but did not like it so I put that awful boring factory stock back on that also has the best ergonomics for me. I have folders and calapsibal stocks on other stuff so I prefer my Veper the way it came except for the lack of a Kobra sight that I will get next month. My vote goes for the factory furniture or I should say the Robinson furniture that gets put on in America.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:03:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tag for pics?

God, why?

I may not like it, but Im always curious.

BTW: Was it not you who said about  the Vepr-screw tradition its functional. Well if this is the best way to shorten the stock for him...screw tradition.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
tag for pics?

God, why?

I may not like it, but Im always curious.

BTW: Was it not you who said about  the Vepr-screw tradition its functional. Well if this is the best way to shorten the stock for him...screw tradition.

Absolutely. I meant I hope he doesn't use the Tapco stock.  A mil-spec stock would work great, and isn't  junk.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Absolutely. I meant I hope he doesn't use the Tapco stock.  A mil-spec stock would work great, and isn't  junk.  

Gotcha, good point.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotcha, good point.

I guess I did come across like an ass. I say use whatever works best, just try to use quality parts. A mil-spec M4 stock isn't very expensive, I've seen them for $70 to $80.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top