Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 9:16:37 AM EDT
Not looking for "I heard"  "I think" as I've heard and I think also..........  Does anyone have any info on the import of the Saiga family of firearms?   I just purchased one in 7.62X39 and since they seem to have dried up.  I was just wondering if and who is taking the risk of importing these with UN Global Arms treaty being backed by US government?......................Mike
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are you looking the first 4 places I pulled up all had them in stock?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Try contacting.... RWC Group LLC they'll hook you up with as many Saiga's you want. As far as the United Nations Conference of the Arms Trade Treaty it would help if you actually read the treaty itself instead of some fox news report. You don't have to look any further than the preamble to find it is clearly stated that there is a underlining the need to prevent, combat and eradicate the illicit trade of conventional arms and to prevent their diversion to illegal and unauthorized end use, such as terrorism and organized crime; and reaffirming the sovereign right and responsibility of any State to regulate and control transfers of conventional arms that take place exclusively within its territory pursuant to its own legal or constitutional systems. Additionally, recognizing the legitimate political, security, economic and commercial rights and interests of States in the international trade of conventional arms. So, unless you're a illegal arms dealer trying to smuggle arms into into Syria or Lebanon i doubt it'll have much affect on you here. Since we have a Constitution with the bill of rights attached to it we're safe for now. Talks are set for next march (more treaty talk) and the first boat from Russia will be well on it's way before then. Futhermore is case you missed last fridays activity on the hill,  the House approved legislation Friday morning that clears the way for the United States to establish Permanent Normal Trade Relations (PNTR) with Russia. Since Russia joined the World Trade Organization (WTO) in August, American companies have pushed for a standard trade relationship with the country, which requires Congress to repeal the 1974 Jackson-Vanik Amendment. Harry Reid also said it is set to pass the senate without delay. (U.S. job creator) The ATT treaty has not been passed nor ratified by the Senate , and if it does it will have no affect on legal guns sales. This is not what "I heard" or I think" these are facts.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:47:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Try contacting.... RWC Group LLC they'll hook you up with as many Saiga's you want. As far as the United Nations Conference of the Arms Trade Treaty it would help if you actually read the treaty itself instead of some fox news report. You don't have to look any further than the preamble to find it is clearly stated that there is a underlining the need to prevent, combat and eradicate the illicit trade of conventional arms and to prevent their diversion to illegal and unauthorized end use, such as terrorism and organized crime; and reaffirming the sovereign right and responsibility of any State to regulate and control transfers of conventional arms that take place exclusively within its territory pursuant to its own legal or constitutional systems. Additionally, recognizing the legitimate political, security, economic and commercial rights and interests of States in the international trade of conventional arms. So, unless you're a illegal arms dealer trying to smuggle arms into into Syria or Lebanon i doubt it'll have much affect on you here. Since we have a Constitution with the bill of rights attached to it we're safe for now. Talks are set for next march (more treaty talk) and the first boat from Russia will be well on it's way before then. Futhermore is case you missed last fridays activity on the hill,  the House approved legislation Friday morning that clears the way for the United States to establish Permanent Normal Trade Relations (PNTR) with Russia. Since Russia joined the World Trade Organization (WTO) in August, American companies have pushed for a standard trade relationship with the country, which requires Congress to repeal the 1974 Jackson-Vanik Amendment. Harry Reid also said it is set to pass the senate without delay. (U.S. job creator) The ATT treaty has not been passed nor ratified by the Senate , and if it does it will have no affect on legal guns sales. This is not what "I heard" or I think" these are facts.

hillary walked from the treaty in Oct? because she thought it may have a negative effect on the elections and may be unpopular. If it wouldn't effect civilian firearms, why would she be so concerned about it? I appreciate the info you have contributed, but I am concerned that there is some sort of "back door" fine print somewhere. I may try to find it and read it.... for now, gotta go to work

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:32:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I looked at Gun List,Buds Guns, Centerfire systems, AIM, Classic Arms and 10-12 other sites that list them but state "out of stock" or "sold".  Not looking at $600-$700 converted guns like Arsenal.  Just new Saiga "stock" rifles in 7.62X39.
Which internet retailer has them right now?............Thanks in advance.............Mike

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I looked at Gun List,Buds Guns, Centerfire systems, AIM, Classic Arms and 10-12 other sites that list them but state "out of stock" or "sold".  Not looking at $600-$700 converted guns like Arsenal.  Just new Saiga "stock" rifles in 7.62X39.
Which internet retailer has them right now?............Thanks in advance.............Mike

Those could be hard to find, as it seems most go to companies who restore them to look like the AK they were meant to be, but had to be converted to be legally importable into the US. Not many people looking for the hunting rifle Saiga, but plenty of people looking for the AK look Saiga. That's why they're hard to find.  GARY

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nope RWC Group LLC lists alot of "Dealers" and those folks are OUT.  These folks do not deal direct with you unless you are a Retailer, etc.  

seems if a person is looking to buy some of these to convert or "hord" your out of luck right now.  I got mine for $325 OTD.  Beats $600+ for someone else to convert.  With Saiga arsenal problems right now (internet news) I doubt many if any are in the pipeline or will be for awhile.  Just a Note: if US signs treaty they will not deal for ANY Type of firearms or ammunition from countries that do not sign.  Russian and China are among a handful of countries that have already said NO.  So if US goes for and signs the treaty they will not allow imports or exports of even sporting arms from or to non treaty members.  Thats the rub..........Mike

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#7]
?

IZ132 at Bud's for $404, over 100 in-stock.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
?

IZ132 at Bud's for $404, over 100 in-stock.

Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW two days ago I could find any and Buds was out.  Price is up but pleanty.  Thank you sir

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Just a Note: if US signs treaty they will not deal for ANY Type of firearms or ammunition from countries that do not sign.  Russian and China are among a handful of countries that have already said NO.  So if US goes for and signs the treaty they will not allow imports or exports of even sporting arms from or to non treaty members.  Thats the rub..........Mike

Could you please post a link where this is written, I do not believe this could possibly be enforced, not to mention it would brake the WTO trade normalization agreements?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top