Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 5:45:07 PM EDT
I am thinking about the gas tube rail that botach sells. Any one with any better ideas?

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a Meprolite Mepor 21

Here's another of the Mepor on the Botach rail:

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:05:27 AM EDT
[#3]
How well does the botach rail fit? Is it an IMI product?  I was thinking an amipoint on the rail mounted in a Arms mount with possibly a half spacer or just the aimpoint real low so that the irons are still visible through the aimpoint.

By the way is your galil a kit build? If so what is the story on it?

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:15:48 AM EDT
[#4]
The rail fits a little tighter than the original gas tube. It's unmarked, so I'm uncertain of its origin. Honestly, I don't use it much as I found I prefer iron sights.

I built this one up in 2002 on one of the well-worn but functionally fine kits from JLD Enterprises.  I was lucky enough to get an IMI receiver when they were $199.  I'm happy to say I works great and I've never had one issue with it.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top