Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 4:38:46 PM EDT
I am new to the AK area and I was thinking about picking up a SAR-1 or a Izhmash Arsenal Ak-47

The price diffrence is only $70 so which one is the better of the two?
any thing for newbees to know about either before picking up one.?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#1]
 I am assuming the Izhmash has been converted to military trim.  So the quality of the conversion has to be judged.  Some have been done well, some not.
 Are these rifles at a shop where you can see them or are you talking mail order?
 If you can lay hands and eyes on them check for overall straightness. The SAR 1 will have the correct method of assembly, the other may have welds were there should be rivets.  Hopefully if you pet them enough one of them will speak to you and all technical considerations will be made trivial.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:53:39 AM EDT
[#2]
the IZHMASH rifle is a hesse/vulcan conversion........stay away from it, the ones I have seen look as if a retard metal class did the welding on it....which is probably not far from the truth, seeing that hesse products are nothing but botched abortions.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top