Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 7:26:59 PM EDT
I am real new to the Ak world of firearms and I have a question.

I have been doing quite a few searches on the 3 rifles that are in question and I am curious to what the experienced Ak owners have to say.  At the local gunshop there are 3 rifles I am considering, one of which I will be going home with next Friday unless he sells one.  I want this rifle for a SHTF gun mostly and occasional shooter for now.

NIB: MISR-10 for $240 OTD  
I don't like the 10rd single stack mag.

NIB: Mak-90 for $390 OTD
I don't like the thumbhole stock

NIB: SAR-1 for $425 OTD
Really have nothing negative to say about this gun other than I am inexperienced

All feedback negative or not will be greatly appreciated in helping me make my choice.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am real new to the Ak world of firearms and I have a question.

I have been doing quite a few searches on the 3 rifles that are in question and I am curious to what the experienced Ak owners have to say.  At the local gunshop there are 3 rifles I am considering, one of which I will be going home with next Friday unless he sells one.  I want this rifle for a SHTF gun mostly and occasional shooter for now.

NIB: MISR-10 for $240 OTD  
I don't like the 10rd single stack mag.

NIB: Mak-90 for $390 OTD
I don't like the thumbhole stock

NIB: SAR-1 for $425 OTD
Really have nothing negative to say about this gun other than I am inexperienced

All feedback negative or not will be greatly appreciated in helping me make my choice.  Thanks.

Out of the 3, I would go with the SAR-1, though it is a bit pricey.  The MAK-90 could be changed out to a regular stock but the cost of compliance parts and regular buttstock would add about $100.00.  You could get a WASR for about $325.00 and would be good to go.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
SAR one is at the upper end but definitely still in fair market value

I'd get the MAADI just cause I'm crazy like that and open up the mag well to accept hi cap
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like you really like the SAR-1. So go for it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
SAR-1 like the first time you made love, she was not so hot looking but, you never forget it....
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#5]
of the 3 listed.  The SAR-1

Better off getting an Arsenal SLR105 .  Jnewt has a sale.  Not sure if it's still on.

Jnewt

InRange has them for cheap too.

Here is one that has been converted.
Post ban retrofit
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Definately the SAR-1,I'd put a deposit on it to make sure it don't get away!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies, so far it looks like the Sar-1 may be my choice.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top