Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 2:55:09 PM EDT
Just got the new Aim Surplus mailer and they are listing Hungarian 7.62x39 ammo for $89.95 per 900rd case.

Steel case, Lead core FMJ
20rds/box; 300rds per pack
900rds per case.

Item #A762x39H

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If its the same hungrarian I got from another source a while back (marked MFS on the white boxs) its corrosive but accurate.

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:59:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I think I will put my boots on and get the last 2 days of mail in my mail box.
I take it this ammo is pre order??
I could see getting one case to store with my yugoslovic corrosive stuff if this Hungarian is corrosive.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, I think I will put my boots on and get the last 2 days of mail in my mail box.
I take it this ammo is pre order??

Doesn't say.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#4]
The AIM flyer was all that was in my mail box.

500rds of Brown Bear HP 7.62x39 500rd case $64.95 Limited suply
item #A762x39RFMJ

Kind of wondering about the Glock 21  40rd drum magazine polymer & steel
Pro-mag 45 acp for the Glock 21 pistols??

Maybe check out the  Hungarian 7.62x39 stuff??
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody know where you can purchase Brown Bear?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anybody know where you can purchase Brown Bear?

I called aim today and they don't have any.

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Aim's mailer has 7.62mmx39mm but the website still has no listings for AK ammo.

I did IM Eric about this but he hasn't got back to me yet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#8]
You will have to call in. They still had some when I ordered a case today.
I would have ordered a second case but was unsure of the quality.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#9]
 I ordered a case today at 1645 and they said the phone had been hot since first mail hit the box this AM.  Ammo will not ship until Thursday at the earliest.  Ammo will be on the website tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I will give them a call in the morning and check it out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Golden,Silver and Brown Bear products are in general gone from the US for the time being. A bit of 7.62x54R and .380 around. Hope they come back - love the Silver Bear x39 match.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:17:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Got my Hungarian on order today. Better hurry.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I just called in at 12:20 PM EST and the are all out
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Is this Hungarian ammo corrosive?  I only ordered one case since I wasn't too
sure what the quality was like. I guess its better to assume its corrosive than
to be suprised but cleaning an AK after shooting corrosive is more work than a
bolt action gun.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#15]
yep, all out.  Damn.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Yup, I'm in for a few, got my call in at 9:05am today. The girl at AIM says they don't even have the ammo in their warehouse yet. She couldn't pin down a ship date.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Is this Hungarian ammo corrosive?  I only ordered one case since I wasn't too
sure what the quality was like. I guess its better to assume its corrosive than
to be suprised but cleaning an AK after shooting corrosive is more work than a
bolt action gun.

Do you have a big problem with corrosive ammo in Colorado? I used to be very vigilant about cleaning guns after firing corrosive. Then I decided it was stupid to spend hours cleaning $100 guns.
Since I don't clean them anymore, I haven't noticed any corrosion.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Well it is a pretty dry climate but it depends on the gun.  I wouldn't be as concerned (and
would have bought more as they had plenty of the ammo when I called in) if I was shooting a $100 SKS.  However,  the only thing I have in this caliber now is a Vector Polish underfolder that cost close to $600.

So I am a little concerned. Not just for the barrel but the gas tube.  I guess I used to
buy so many old mil-surp guns with trashed out bores that I'm overly anal. I think I'll
just take the windex along and break down the gun at the range and give it a quick clean
in case I get delayed in doing a thorough cleaning when I get home. Should be ok until
we finally get some Wolf back in system.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Just an update-I got my case in today.  Its real clean looking ammo in sealed bags.
The boxes are white and its marked "MFS".  The stuff looks good despite the
corrosive primer issue.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, just got my couple of cases yesterday. Not a bad deal. I bought up this MFS stuff some 10+ years ago. Looks like the German stash I have which was also from AIM.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I got mine today. Looks like the old German Kopp stuff. My AK liked it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Yeah, just got my couple of cases yesterday. Not a bad deal. I bought up this MFS stuff some 10+ years ago. Looks like the German stash I have which was also from AIM.

home.dejazzd.com/mosin1891/mfsammo.jpg

This is the same stuff I got quite a while back, I forgot to clean the gas tube right after shooting and the next day it was rusted pretty good. Took lots of scrubbing and 3 applications of rust converter to get the rust to finally quit. Good clean accurate ammo but don't forgot the gas tube lol

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Golden,Silver and Brown Bear products are in general gone from the US for the time being. A bit of 7.62x54R and .380 around. Hope they come back - love the Silver Bear x39 match.

+1
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the same stuff I got quite a while back, I forgot to clean the gas tube right after shooting and the next day it was rusted pretty good. Took lots of scrubbing and 3 applications of rust converter to get the rust to finally quit. Good clean accurate ammo but don't forgot the gas tube lol

Blackops_1.

1 day to rust out?  You sure there wasn't a problem in there before?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blackops_1.

I had a batch of E German stuff from the '70s that was just as corrosive. 1 day, not high humidity, significant rusting.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:08:05 AM EDT
[#26]
wondering how the soviet block got away issuing corrosive ammo to their conscript armies for so long if shooting it requires such dilligent maintenence.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blackops_1.

I had a batch of E German stuff from the '70s that was just as corrosive. 1 day, not high humidity, significant rusting.

Absolutely, the gun was practically new and the only thing I shot before the mfs was wolf. I may have pics somewhere of the rust.

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Went in to their store front today to buy some 7.62x54R, and saw that they had 500rd boxes of brown bear for $65 or so.  Since everyone else is backordered, I bought some.  I wanted FMJ, but they only had HP in stock.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top