Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2003 3:14:08 PM EDT
Power custom looks nice, is it worth the price?

Which others really improve on the original design?

Like reduced take up and overtravel?

Do they last very long with minimal engagement?

Advice appreciated.

Travis F.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]
OY!!!!! RSA, RSA, RSA, RSA, RSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]
ditto on the Red Star Arms trigger
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The RSA trigger is by FAR the best made for the AK! Drops right in with minimal fuss too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Ditto all the above.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]
RSA hands down.  Any questions!
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that Power Custom (PCI) is related/same as Red Star Arms (check out their website) aka RSA.  So you're all talking about the same company/product?  

the real question is "What's the difference between Sportsman's Guide, which advertised the PCI fcg for $50+ and the *same* thing sold by Red Star Arms at $80+  ??

Edited to add:  SG *used to* sell.  Item is no longer listed by SG and website of PCI & RSA both say $84+.  Another one that got away !!
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:58:12 AM EDT
[#8]
RSA is Power Custom. Same company, just marketing to a different crowd.

I have one of the SG triggers. To me it feels a little "gritty", but it was only $59. I have never had any issues what so ever with the $80 triggers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Its my understanding that the RSA trigger group sold by the Sportsmans Guide is a 6th generation trigger group (last years model) and the one advertised on Red Stars Arms website is the 7th generation trigger group(this years model)I don't know what the difference between the 6th and 7th generation are but I'ts an Red Star and I like the price. I purchased 2 of the SG RSA trigger groups. 1 for a Bulgarian SA-93 I am having converted to pistol grip configuration and another one for a Bulgarian 5.45 build I'm going to have done next month. BTW I just received my second RSA trigger group from SG yesterday. I guess they were out for a few weeks but now they are back in stock. $65.00 shipped

P.S. I've been ghosting the forums for the last couple months and this is my first post. I really have learned alot from everyone here.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?bt=N&p=WX2&i=71572
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I got one of the earlier RSA triggers from Midway awhile back. It apparently was one of the earlier models and required quite a bit of fitting to go into my SAR1. It was NOT a "drop in" thing. A good couple of hours and a lot of filing, sweating, and cussing later it was in and now that it is, its a great trigger. I didnt even need to fiddle with the adjustments as it was fine as it came in that department. I talked to one of the boys at Red Star later on and was told they were a group of older triggers and that the newer ones had taken care of some of the problems I had had(of course!). He said with so many different models of AK and different tolerances with each country, it was tough, but they were getting there. If you are getting the older triggers, you will need a set of jewelers files and be willing to do some metal removal to get them in. Your best bet if your going to get one is to order directly from them, that way you get, or at least can ask for, the latest model.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks, Ken

here's the link:

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?bt=N&p=WX2&i=71572

edit to make link hot
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I hate to cut my own sales....But Sportsman Guide buys wheel barrow full of triggers from us and they are now selling the current generation trigger at a very low price.  We just shipped about a week ago so they are very fresh NOW generation units. SG are good guys to deal with so snap some deals while you can.

Ken RSA

Nothing wrong with supporting and protecting your distributors.  Good business practice IMO.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I hate to cut my own sales....But Sportsman Guide buys wheel barrow full of triggers from us and they are now selling the current generation trigger at a very low price.  We just shipped about a week ago so they are very fresh NOW generation units. SG are good guys to deal with so snap some deals while you can.

Ken RSA

I just bought mine from MidwayUSA. How do I know if mine is "current generation"?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#17]
a RSA trigger has managed to worm its way into EACH ONE of my AKs ...

Cant wait for the FAL trigger now :-)
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, I guess that about answers that question.
I guess I'll try one.

Ken,
do you have any comment on RSA = Power custom ?

Travis F.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:10:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#21]
try one and see how much your shooting improves. short of a telescopic sight, the trigger does more for shooting the kalashnikov accurately than any device you can install on your rifle.

And if I could chime in here: If you're not a purist and time-on-target is important to you, the Tapco/Minimi pistol grip greatly compliments the RSA trigger; at least if your hands and wrists are approximately normal.

SD
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Thanks, Ken

here's the link:

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?bt=N&p=WX2&i=71572

DAMN!  says out of stock!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll back up what SailerDude just said about the Tapco M249 SAW grip. I bought one for a FAL I've slowly been building. It's a handful without being too big. A real nice grip.

I just got home with my first SAR-1 and was amazed how tiny the grip felt. I may very well order a Tapco grip for this thing. I'll know after I get back from shooting the rifle.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top