Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2003 8:05:09 PM EDT
I currently have 1999 SAR-2 with Kvar US FCG & Kvar US black stock set.

I would like to add a forward pistol grip and some sort of a AK74 muzzle brake.

I'm guessing the forward grip is legal. Is it hard to install? where do I buy it?

The muzzle brake would have to be a pined or welded on type to be in compliance but, every one I see for sale is threaded. Wh osells one I can weld or pin on?

Also I want to add a Kobra sight but i'm a little uncertain which mount I need. Also, since tantle is out of stock I was planning on buying one from this place.

http://nightvisionweb.com/kobra.htm

or

http://www.impactguns.com/store/russian_kobra2_html

Anyone ever deal with these people?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:00:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Also see gunsnstuff.net (FAC) for AK bits. My SAR1 is happy with a US-made brake from ak-103.com. Try to get a 5.45 dia brake though for max effectiveness. The chi-com '4 ports aimed at the paddles' type is only about half as effective as the russian design.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:31:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:12:54 AM EDT
[#4]
www.joeken.com sells a synthetic lower handguard with an accessory rail that you could mount a verticle grip or light to.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top