Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 7:25:34 PM EDT
Just wanted to know what kind of accuracy people are getting with the Romanian "dragunov" rifles that have flooded the market recently....I know it can't be anywhere near a real Dragonov

Whats the difference (mechanically, looks are obvious) between the two?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Good post!!
+1
Me too for those of you who have shot both the romanian psl and the russian SVD or Tiger or the chinese variant chime in. I'm curios to know which ones shoot better. Or all they all about the same.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine's shooting a bit under 1 MOA with Albanian steel core...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:14:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I read as long as the Rom PSLs lighter barrel does not get too hot it will shoot under 3' at 300meters.  Eastern bloc mentality is different as the PSL is more a Designated Marksman Rifle as opposed to a true "sniper" rifle.  It is not intended to put 2 rounds through the left eye at 800meters but to get hits on a chest at 4-600 meters.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:38:42 AM EDT
[#4]
At 600 meters a PSL will put all 10 rounds in your chest ... thats what its designed to do...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:11:50 AM EDT
[#5]
This may be a little OT, but if I owned a PSL I'd do what I have done to several other long arms and that is to cryogenically treat the barreled action.  In fact, while you're at it get the bolt and carrier treated as well. Some weapons, you see now difference -- others will astound you.  A friend of mine has done that o a CHICOM stamped Ak and it's become cosniderably more accurate.  I have done it to my Steyr SSG P-II and my new M14SE.  Utter tack drivers even with M-80 ball, especially Porto FNM.  With M118LR, they're really scary. I'm convinced the cryo work, actually Deep Thermal Cycling (a somewhat different and more advanced approach) did the trick.  There are other advantages, such as easier cleaning and longer barrel life, too.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#7]
thanks everyone...as usual, my questions have been answered

Chris
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got one two weeks ago. We took it out to the range last Sunday and had no problem (hit EVERY time) hitting a 12" steel gong and a 8"x8" steel square at 450 yards. With Wolf 148gr, I've read many times that this ammo is the key to shooting the PSL with good accuracy, and it's probably the closest to match grade that you're going to find. It needs a better scope, something with higher magnification for "paper shooting", and I'm sure it won't hold up against a .308 AR, but I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:12:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I read as long as the Rom PSLs lighter barrel does not get too hot it will shoot under 3' at 300meters.  Eastern bloc mentality is different as the PSL is more a Designated Marksman Rifle as opposed to a true "sniper" rifle.  It is not intended to put 2 rounds through the left eye at 800meters but to get hits on a chest at 4-600 meters.

3 feet @ 300 yards?  You mean it will shoot 12" MOA?  I know that any of my AK's could beat that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:51:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=121400

Note the quality of the known author

Never mind that each gun can be different, yadda.......

Mine shows potential, but efforts to convert an AK mount to SVD mount are not very pretty here so far. Trying to mod a BP-02 low weaver bracket.

Just got mine from Scott.  Seems the rail was off, so the scope would not zero.  He is sending another one, so hope this one is better.  Shot great with just irons out to 100yrds though.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top