Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 1:19:23 PM EDT
I'm searching for the Mac Daddy of Ak info around here to direct to another thread I have that needs an AK indentification.

So who is it???
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#1]
There are several of us who have been into AKs for a long time,but I doubt you'll find anyone here to claim to know it all.I learn something new,almost,everyday.Whats your question,if I can't answer it,I'm sure someone will come along who can.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#2]
ONE if them is Templar !!! There, I don't  have to give you a BAG of  $$$
Just like JOHNO said , there is a lot of people that know there shit around here , Me not being one of them !!!
But I learn something every day !!!! well most of the time !!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There are several of us who have been into AKs for a long time,but I doubt you'll find anyone here to claim to know it all.I learn something new,almost,everyday.Whats your question,if I can't answer it,I'm sure someone will come along who can.

Do you recognize the Ak in this movie thread???

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=136&t=391035
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I just saw a red X in the first post,but judging by the glimpses in the following pics I'd have to say its one of the 12 guage Saiga variations.I saw several of them in the news footage of the School Hostage situation.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]

That looks like some custom stock side folding 7.62, maybe East German/Romanian.

Definate 7.62 magazine, the other image looks like it has a saiga front site base, but the images are so fuzzy....

Edit: I am not claiming the know it all status, only my observation
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#6]
If anyone is hte Know It All of AKs its Stottman for sure.  Anyway where's his post on this forum?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Bunnyassassin snagged the pic for me. Big thanks to him for that. I wish we had a side view of it. It looked REALLY nice. I'd never seen it before and didn't know if it was a custom job or some obscure Ak variant. Anyway, I wish that fore stock was available. It would make a nice addition to my ak's!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#9]
If we can ID this AK,the forearm is probably avaliable through Andre' or Stottman.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Not claiming to be the "know-it-all-king", but I looked at close ups of the rifle and this is what I see.

Romanian/East German wire side folder.

Polish/Romanian red/orange bakelite grip.

Chopped barrel with what appears to be either a muzzle nut of a small birdcage style flash suppressor.

Appears to be a SAIGA or VEPR styled long handguard out of wood or a synthetic made to look like wood.

I also think it's in 7.62x39mm.

I remember seeing some SAIGA's in the Kalashnikov Collection book that had a regular rear end (meaning had a standard pistol grip and uncut receiver) and long handguard.

www.kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka184.html

kalashnikov.guns.ru/images/1841.jpg

That does look a lot like it. Thanks to Templar, JOHNO, Tooly, Kevin_M4, krinkfreak, and everyone else...

If you ever see that movie (not like it was any good!) that gun is a smooth looking AK! I wish they would sell that handguard. It really looked cool. Anyway...thanks for the help guys. If anyone ever sees one of these for sale in wood...let me know!

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm searching for the Mac Daddy of Ak info around here to direct to another thread I have that needs an AK indentification.

So who is it???

Hey, I haven't seen a post from Campybob in a long time. Is he still around?

I'm not sure he fits the question but it's the first name I thought of.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:13:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/bunnyassassin/ak.jpg

That looks like some custom stock side folding 7.62, maybe East German/Romanian.

Definate 7.62 magazine, the other image looks like it has a saiga front site base, but the images are so fuzzy....

Edit: I am not claiming the know it all status, only my observation

Hey man, where did ya get this pic of Kevin Spacy (sp,maybe) holding that AK.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top