Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 3:02:33 PM EDT
I screw building a AMD65  but the barrel extensions and Long brake from tapco do not appeal to me. Does any one know of a MOCK suppressor that  would give me the added legnth?  Even better  would be one that could be screwed on over the barrel extension.  I know this is just added weight but I like the "Golly Gee" factor?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You read my mind I was just going to post the same topic. Heres one I found for the ar-15 I think it could be resized to fit a ak It would look pretty sweet if you ask me.Heres A Link
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#2]
take a look at these:  I bought the stock and was thinking about  the mock suppressor

http://www.marshall-arms.com/ItemsForSale.html

Not sure how to make the link hot
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Ouch not for that price I think I might get a couple of those ones off gunbroker and just have them drilled and tapped. Hell two of those for $50 maybe another $20-$30 having them drilled and tapped you could get 8 of those for the same price of the other one plus I think they look better two. Also I emailed the guy and it seems like he makes them himself and I mentioned building an AMD version and told him I would be willing to buy 10 to make it worth his time. I will let you guys know what he has to say and if he gives me the ok I will probably be selling the extras for whatever I get them for. If your interested let me know the more people interested probably the more likely he would do it plus maybe a better price. Im hopping for around $25-$30 which Im propbably dreaming but hes selling the ar15 versions for only $25 so we will see.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:39:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I would like to know what you hear. In my dream wordl the ideal way to do this would be to pernantly attach the tapco muzzle extentsion. The mock can would thenbe bored so it slide backwards, covering the muzzle extension and thread onto the extension near the mouth of the "can". That way should there be a reason to like removing the the front sight base or gas block could be done without having to destroy the "can" to get it off
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I was kinda thinking about buying one and drilling it out to the same size as the tapco muzzle extension the pressing the extension in and having it permanently pinned in placethat way I could screw it on and off but would leave a notch for it to lock onto the spring loaded pin on the muzzle the same way the AMD break locks on (if you have removed the muzzle break from your barrel you should know what Im talking about). That way I could easily remove it but not have to worry about having the thing work its way loose. Also Im not sure I know what you are talking about with removing the front sight and all could you explain alittle more I feel like I might be missing something.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh I am sorry, again this has more to do with day dreaming than an7y thing else. My goal is to use the ACE clamp over the gas block front sight (not unlike the galil) and peep rear sight . That means the front sight tower/base has to be reoved. Budget being what it is, permanently attaching the can would guarntee that is couldn't happen down the road.  Meaning I have to save my pennies and swap the sight now
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top