Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 7:42:52 PM EDT
I am going to a gun show tomarrow and will be looking for 4 new or new to me 30 rnd AK-47 mags... what should I pay for them? I was thinking $10-$12 bucks each... what kind should I get? I know to stay away from american made mags and I am planning on getting steel ones... romy EG pol. yugo, bulgy? is there really any diference? they are for an Arsenal rifle so maybe I should get Bulgy.... what do yall think???
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
if you can find real bulgy waffle mags, jump on them.  I'd pay $15-$18 each for those.  they are what the promag crap mags are supposed to look like, but they have metal in the feed lips
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
if you can find real bulgy waffle mags, jump on them.  I'd pay $15-$18 each for those.  they are what the promag crap mags are supposed to look like, but they have metal in the feed lips

I almost bought a Promag once, looked just like the Bulgy Waffle Mags,  this one said Promag on it
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:13:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am going to a gun show tomarrow and will be looking for 4 new or new to me 30 rnd AK-47 mags... what should I pay for them? I was thinking $10-$12 bucks each... what kind should I get? I know to stay away from american made mags and I am planning on getting steel ones... romy EG pol. yugo, bulgy? is there really any diference? they are for an Arsenal rifle so maybe I should get Bulgy.... what do yall think???

Any steel Com Bloc mags work fine,CSI has a mag deal on the EE now for 20.00 a set of four.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:50:32 AM EDT
[#4]
the CSI mags are used and in questionable condition right??? I want new or like new.... I have the bulgy waffle that came with my rifle and I don't like it as much as the steel mags...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:11:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Look for a circle with the number 10 in it for waffle mags.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:28:12 AM EDT
[#6]
For steel mags Iprefer the chicom.  Only beause the do not have the raised rib on the back.  But as stated earlier, any non-US manufactured steel mags work just fine!!

I am actually a fan of the polymer mags.  The Bulgy Waffles and the Polish slabsides work awesome.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:16:53 AM EDT
[#7]
 I believe K-Var has the Bulgies in stock right now.  With Tax and shipping I think the ones I got came out to about $20.00 each.  A bit pricy but they were all new condition.  Also, keep an eye out at gun shows.  You can usually get decent deals on mags if you keep your eyes out and jump on it when you see it.  Otherwise someone else will.  In December at the Valley Forge show I picked up 5 Polish Polymer's still in the wax paper wrap.  All unissued.  I think I got them for about $12.00 each.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
 I believe K-Var has the Bulgies in stock right now.  With Tax and shipping I think the ones I got came out to about $20.00 each.  A bit pricy but they were all new condition.

Why did you pay tax?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Posted by SVT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
I believe K-Var has the Bulgies in stock right now. With Tax and shipping I think the ones I got came out to about $20.00 each. A bit pricy but they were all new condition.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did you pay tax?

You are correct.  Habit.  I ment shipping and handling.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#11]
yep I have a circle 10 waffle mag.... kinda neat, but I like the steel mags alot more.... did not get any at the gun show... will keep eye one the EE

thanks all...
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
the CSI mags are used and in questionable condition right??? I want new or like new.... I have the bulgy waffle that came with my rifle and I don't like it as much as the steel mags...

They are used, but far from "questionable" from what I know.  I have four of the four packs on order, and I will post what the condition is when I get them. Besides, even if one mag in 3 is so-so, you still are getting good mags for about $7.50 each.  At $5.50 each shipped I'll take a risk on it!

FYI, I orderd some Yugo AK mags from them, which peopel had said were in bad condiiton, but of the 12 I got only two had very slightl rust and six look in excellent/near new condition (except for the cosmoline on all the mags).

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I have ordered mags from several different companies and used does not always mean beat up or questionable if they are really crappy mags most places will tell you up front with key words like RUSTED LITTLE TO NO FINISH DENTS etc.

I ordered 40 of the used SG ak mags and MOST were great a few very minor surface rust on the lips that wiped off with a oily rag Tapco had used G3 mags 50 for $50 got some of those and they were all MINT!

Cheaper than dirt had some freckled with rust g3 mags but that was just on the outside a little 000 steel wool and they looked great again.

So I wouldnt worry about the mags if they are that bad tell them and they will make it right as long as its a reputable company.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I actually prefer used blued and slightly worn AK mags!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top