Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 2:54:53 PM EDT
I'm in the process of buying this AK kit :

I have a question though... the others geting these kits are saying that they are beautifully parked.  How should I go about refinishing the AK after its built?  It'll use a 100% receiver so should I finish that in Park and hope they match, or refinish the entire rifle to be sure it matches?  Do you finish the receiver before you assemble?  Before and after again?  Whats the best way?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been thinking about the same thing.  I believe I will park the receiver before installed and if I can't get it close a high heat paint over everything
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Best way would be to build it then do the parking.You'll get a nice uniform look that way, otherwise it will never match perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:32:49 AM EDT
[#3]
consider slapping a coat of duracoat, Molyresin or gunkote over the top of the park.  Park is nice UNTIL you set you parked ak down next to a Molyresin/Gunkote/Duracoat gun.

There is no substitute for the big 3 sprayed on with airbrush and then baked.

PS. Mutt is right on getting it built THEN redoing the park if thats your choice.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I second finish over the park job.  I just gun koted my 2 builds and they turned out great!  At least everything remains uniform then.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top