Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2009 11:35:16 AM EDT
Anyone use 'em?  I need to replace the front sight post on my SHTF gun anyway, so I've been thinking about some of the night sights (not the german clip on ones either).

Anyone have any experience with any brand of them, good or bad?  

Advice greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:04:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Is this the same thing?  Looks like the same thing, and its a lot cheaper.

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/product.cfm/pid_5332_meprolight_ak_47_night_sight_sets_for_akm_pattern_rifles/

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought 2 sets of meprolights. One for my vepr 223 and one for my arsenal. The rear sight was fine on both but the front sights wouldn't stay still. They rotated with shooting. I finally used something on the threads to keep it in place. I would not buy them again.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]
xs big dots
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had a set, and they did not glow anymore as the radioactive paint has long since lost it's glow.

You could re-paint them if you could somehow find the paint!

Perhaps glow in the dark paint mixed with the radioactive material from a smoke detector.  Or maybe you'll just end up sterile and hairless :)
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I've used Mepro's sights on hand guns and have had less than desirable results.  On one pistol the tritium died in five years and on another it died in only three years.

I will not be using them again.  I'm going to stick to Trijicon.

-Arbiter
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top