Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 10:43:52 PM EDT
I bought an AK-74 bayonet from K-VAR.

Their description says it fits all AK's.

It fits my Vector underfolder with the slant brake perfectly. It also matches the plastic grip I got from Robert in Poland ("laukart") to a T. I am quite happy with it.

But I was wondering....the AK-74 flash hider looks like it has a larger diameter than a slant brake.  How can the bayonet fit both types of rifles?

Oh, and by the way, will this bayonet fit a Tantal?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:56:35 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah, I was kinda wondering this myself...I just got a bayonet and a 74 muzzle break.  The bayonet definitely doesn't fit on rifle with the 74 break on it, but it fits fine with the muzzle nut or a slant break.  How do the bayonets K-Var sells "fit all AKs"?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
yeah, I was kinda wondering this myself...I just got a bayonet and a 74 muzzle break.  The bayonet definitely doesn't fit on rifle with the 74 break on it, but it fits fine with the muzzle nut or a slant break.  How do the bayonets K-Var sells "fit all AKs"?

Bulls**t.  The bayonet fits over the slant brake on my Polish underfolder because the bayonet mount on the Polish underfolder is on the gas block.  The bayonet mounts farther back because of this.

On the AK-74, the bayonet mount is on the front site block, the same bayonet mounts here, the ring on the bayonet goes over the step down at the end of the AK-74 muzzlebrake.  The mount under the gas block on an AK-74 is an accessory mount.  

I don't see how it would fit over the AK-74 muzzle nut available as the diameter is too large as the bayonet ring will not even fit over an AK-74 FSB threads.

It should work on the AK-74 flash hider just like the muzzlebrake.

I mounted the bayonet over both a Polish barrel with slant brake and a Bulgarian AK-74 so I know that it will fit.  It will fit on an AK-47 muzzle nut but I doubt it will fit over the K-VAR AK-74 muzzle nut.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:36:34 AM EDT
[#3]

I mounted the bayonet over both a Polish barrel with slant brake and a Bulgarian AK-74 so I know that it will fit.  It will fit on an AK-47 muzzle nut but I doubt it will fit over the K-VAR AK-74 muzzle nut.  

Which is what I have.  Could've done without the "bullshit" callout, but you answered the question anyhow-the location of the mount differs between the AK-47 and AK-74.  Sorry if I was unclear, I'm a AK noob.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top