Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2008 1:12:30 PM EDT
I am picking up a NHM-91 tomorrow and was wondering do the ak47 drums actually work? I have heard rumblings that these are a waste of money, that they do not feed correctly.All input from Drum owners is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the Romanian drum mag even tho its harder to load but it looks and feels better in the gun and mine runs flawless..had another several yrs back that never skipped a beat
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I have two I picked up from AIM about 4 years ago.  Romanians.  They were $69 a piece.  The good ole days.. Should have bought 10.

Mine run great.  Since they are metal, they don't have the issue Betas have with being dropped.  I still have not purchased a Beta yet.  Holding off for now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am picking up a NHM-91 tomorrow and was wondering do the ak47 drums actually work? I have heard rumblings that these are a waste of money, that they do not feed correctly.All input from Drum owners is greatly appreciated.

I say get youself one 75-rounder, but stock up on the 40-round stick mags. More reliable and much cheaper round-for-round.
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I just emptied a Chicom 75 and 100 in three different guns without a single failure.  The chicom are more expensive but they don't kill your thumb loading and you can keep them loaded (without spring fatigue) then just wind when you are ready to shoot.  I have two romanian I have yet to try.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just emptied a Chicom 75 and 100 in three different guns without a single failure.  The chicom are more expensive but they don't kill your thumb loading and you can keep them loaded (without spring fatigue) then just wind when you are ready to shoot.  I have two romanian I have yet to try.

I just loaded one of my romanians a couple weeks ago....here in about 5 years Im going to shoot it and see if the spring is worn out
I have no problems loading mine, but I dont have girly hands either.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#6]
SPRING Fatigue~!!!!!! What a joke!LOL
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got 1 Romy and 3 Chinese.  All work flawlessly.  I love them with the exception that 1 drum equals about $15.00 every time you shot it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I got 1 Chinese wish I had more, It's a fun way to spend $15.00.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#9]
im starting to think this whole "spring fatigue" is a myth.
its like that who "the average person swallows 7 spiders in their sleep a year" thing.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just loaded one of my romanians a couple weeks ago....here in about 5 years Im going to shoot it and see if the spring is worn out
I have no problems loading mine, but I dont have girly hands either.

You must make your boyfriend very happy!

Just messing with you.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top