Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 7:12:19 AM EDT
Got a 7.62 can for my WASR. It reallt quited it down. No ear protection required. Problem I ran into was with the can on it shot low and left about 10". Groups were fairly tight. I have an adjustable rear site so I bumped it over and got it on target. Had to adjust the elevation to the 200M mark. I threaded the barrel myself and I don't think the threads are square. No baffle strikes tho. I may end up having the barrel cut and threaded by a smith and just attach the can adapter permanetly for 16". Pics will follow.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, pics would rock.  What kind of can?  Brand?  Attachment method?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Suppressors are the most efficient muzzle brake you can get, couple that with the extra weight hanging off the end of your gun, and a lot of times you will get lower POI then without.  Try having someone else shoot with/without and see how it does for them.  If you aren't getting baffle strikes I would not worry about the treads being straight. You would know on the first shot if you had treaded  it wrong.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#3]
No baffle strikes. Sounds stupid but the damn can was loose. Not loose enough to get a baffle strike but loose enough to be off. After I tightened it, it was pretty consistant. Still had to adjust elevation and windage but thats ok if I know where to put it for the can.
Here's a couple of pics:
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Can is a 7.62 made by Suppressor Armament Systems. Mount is a 4 prong Flas hider threaded mount with a thread protector. 14 x 1 LH.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm curious how quiet it really gets.  Is it like the report of a 10/22 maybe?  Louder? Quieter?

Thanks.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top