Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 7:12:19 AM EDT
Got a 7.62 can for my WASR. It reallt quited it down. No ear protection required. Problem I ran into was with the can on it shot low and left about 10". Groups were fairly tight. I have an adjustable rear site so I bumped it over and got it on target. Had to adjust the elevation to the 200M mark. I threaded the barrel myself and I don't think the threads are square. No baffle strikes tho. I may end up having the barrel cut and threaded by a smith and just attach the can adapter permanetly for 16". Pics will follow.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:25:28 AM EDT
Yeah, pics would rock.  What kind of can?  Brand?  Attachment method?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:43:40 AM EDT
Suppressors are the most efficient muzzle brake you can get, couple that with the extra weight hanging off the end of your gun, and a lot of times you will get lower POI then without.  Try having someone else shoot with/without and see how it does for them.  If you aren't getting baffle strikes I would not worry about the treads being straight. You would know on the first shot if you had treaded  it wrong.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 12:54:56 PM EDT
No baffle strikes. Sounds stupid but the damn can was loose. Not loose enough to get a baffle strike but loose enough to be off. After I tightened it, it was pretty consistant. Still had to adjust elevation and windage but thats ok if I know where to put it for the can.
Here's a couple of pics:
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 1:04:48 PM EDT
Can is a 7.62 made by Suppressor Armament Systems. Mount is a 4 prong Flas hider threaded mount with a thread protector. 14 x 1 LH.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:26:12 AM EDT
I'm curious how quiet it really gets.  Is it like the report of a 10/22 maybe?  Louder? Quieter?

Thanks.
Top Top