Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2010 3:11:36 PM EDT
I'm looking to sell my krink because I'm poor.  Anyone know what one is worth these days?  Having trouble finding ones that sold for a price range reference.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Most prefer a traditional side folder Krink, so you may have less buyers, but there is always someone looking for something unique.

And by the way, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I sold one I had over the summer for $1100.  Mine was a sidefolder, but it also was built on an old OOW/ITM receiver, so it was much less appealing to people.

Things like who built it and what receiver it is built on can make a big difference in what people are willing to pay for it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I sold one I had over the summer for $1100.  Mine was a sidefolder, but it also was built on an old OOW/ITM receiver, so it was much less appealing to people.

Things like who built it and what receiver it is built on can make a big difference in what people are willing to pay for it.

It was built by a local smith.  Not sure of the receiver, it may have been a flat he built.  

Guess I'm keeping it, then.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was built by a local smith.  Not sure of the receiver, it may have been a flat he built.  

Guess I'm keeping it, then.

That would probably be a tough sell.

Mine was basically worth the same as a parts kit because everyone views the OOW/ITM receivers as junk these days.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on what's been said.  Some might like it to clone one of the early 1973-dated birds with the underfolding buttstock:

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
everyone views the OOW/ITM receivers as junk these days.

This.....

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:14:47 AM EDT
[#7]
is it an SBR, or a 16" barrel krink?
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 6:11:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.....

Which is absurd...
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 6:44:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.....

Which is absurd...

Yep they have a few issues but I wouldn't call them junk.  I do prefer NODAK.

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.....

Which is absurd...

Yep they have a few issues but I wouldn't call them junk.  I do prefer NODAK.

Yeah, they aren't the best, but they certainly work just fine.  I've never heard of anyone wearing one out.

I was hoping to get top dollar for my krink, but at least I sold it for what I paid for it 5 years ago.. so no worries.  I actually sold it to buy another krink kit to have built as an SBR on an NDS receiver
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
is it an SBR, or a 16" barrel krink?

It has a dummy suppressor.  I planned to SBR it eventually, and will if I keep it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Could you show us a pic, and what are you asking for it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Determining who made the receiver isn't rocket science. It's stamped on it.
If the "local 'smith" bent up a flat and didn't stamp his name on it, he violated Federal law when he transferred the rceiver to you.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Determining who made the receiver isn't rocket science. It's stamped on it.
If the "local 'smith" bent up a flat and didn't stamp his name on it, he violated Federal law when he transferred the rceiver to you.

Yeah, I know that.  I just haven't pulled it out of the gunsafe to take a closer look.

This was all done legally.  My local smith isn't a retard.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:21:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
+1 on what's been said.  Some might like it to clone one of the early 1973-dated birds with the underfolding buttstock:

I wonder when that pic was taken...a 1973 rifle with what appears to be a black poly 5.45 mag?

Seems like they skipped the whole 1980's "we-can't-make-black-plastic-so-we'll-use-plum-polymide-instead" period.

Z
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I believe the magazine and pistol grip are plum on that rifle.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top