Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/6/2003 1:31:07 PM EDT

www.50rounds.com

I was finally able to get to the range on Saturday to test out my new mags!

I wasn't able to shoot the AK47 mag but I did have a ball with the AK-74 (5,45x39mm).

First-
The fit and finihs was really great. The feel of the mag felt even more durable than a standard E. German 30 round mag.

Second-
The weight of the mag felt to be about 1 3/4 more of a regular 30 rouns mag. But that is expected.

Third-

Easy to load and did not feel any binding of the spring and did not have any FTF out of 200 rounds.
It shot very well and got a lot of looks at the range. I was able to bump fire the mag as well and still no FTF!

Bottom line-

I highly recommend buying and using these mags. I think they would be a very good magazine to look at for SHTF due to the low intervals in reloading.

Only thing I would like to see different is  some of these mags offered in maybe a dark brown color. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the black, but to make a line of them in dark brown would look better in some AK's

Hopefully next week I will be able to give the  Steel AK47 magazine a tryout!

WAVE's Mag Review

Range Report:

I received a 5.45x39mm magazine from Tony("shankton") to test through my AK. Upon opening the package I was impressed with the worksmanship of the magazine, I saw where the E. German bakelites were attached to each other and tried to twist them apart. No dice. They're plenty sturdy, it'll hold up to regular magazine use. I ran approx 250 rounds through the magazine problem free(what did you expect?). Now I have another reason for K-Var hurry up and finally come out with those RPK-74 kits!

Good
- Comes in all purpose matte black
- no difficulties loading 50 rounds into the magazine
- 0 malfuctions through my Intrac Arms AK-74
- nice alternative to expensive RPK-74 magazines and virtually non-existant drum magazines
- scares anti's!

Bad
- Don't bother trying to shoot from the prone position. Won't happen.
- Now I'm going through my 5.45x39mm ammo even faster!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the reviews, guys. Unfortunately for my mag hobby, I have to move out of the space I'm in now. I am taking a slight hiatus but will return with a new inventory of AK mags in a few weeks. I'll be sure to post here when I get going again. If anyone wants to buy the last few 545 or 223 mags I have left, drop an email.
Thanks
Tony
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My own pics added.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top