BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 6:59:26 PM EDT
will the Weiger mags work in a WASR-3?
are the Weiger mags pre 1994 mags?
will the Weiger mags work in any 223 ak other than the chinese?
how do the ak74 mags with robinson 223 followers work?

thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#1]
They should...but you may need to modify them slightly.

I beleive they are since they are not marked with any "restrictive" wording. (corr. if i am in error)

I use them in my SAIGA conversion,but they have to be modified so the mag latch
will engage on the magazine properly.

Dont know how these work. Never tried them.

What kind of .223 rifle do you have, and what exactly are you wanting to do??

KyARGuy

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
i have a sar-3. i was just wondering if there is a mag that fits all of the 223 ak rifles. the mags need work done only to the mag catch or other parts as well? thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as I know the Weiger mags are made for the SAR-3. According to what I've read they will not work in any other AK's without modification.

I have a SAR-3, and I haven't had any luck with the modified bakelites. I just ordered 5 Weiger mags from Inter Ordnance. They're expensive, but hopefully worth it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Saiga .223 that has been converted.  I have to modify the mags to work in it,
but it takes about 10 min to do one, and i already have 12 for it. (Weiger and Bulgy)

I do know that the NORINCO .223 AK's take their own mags...nothing else will work in them.
They tend to be pretty expensive ($30-40 range) if you can find them.

For the SAR-3, I'd stick with the Weiger's, and not waste time and mags trying to make
the bakelites work.

I have 2 Orolite Galil mags i may try to mod to fit the Saiga, they are 35 rounders,
and i only have a few bucks each in them, so if i screw them up, its not a big loss.
How much were the Interord Weiger mags?  I gave $15 each at a local shop for mine.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:10:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top