Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 3:01:51 PM EDT
Are these available/legal to put on an SKS? I am in a state that lets you have as big a magazine as I choose. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Are these available/legal to put on an SKS? I am in a state that lets you have as big a magazine as I choose. Thanks

Yep.

It's just that most don't work 100%.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they original type equipment or new american made, i.e. USA ect?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

If they have a star on the side, it's chinese. Other than that it's probably USA made.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If they have a star on the side, it's chinese. Other than that it's probably USA made.

It's Chinese made...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:36:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one on my SKS that does NOT have the star on the side but it is chinese made as it says so on the bottom of the mag in what looks like "script" font.  it says "made in china".

works 100%.  never had a problem with it in the 5 or so years i've had my SKS.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#6]
i've had two of them both chinese neither worked worth a hill a beans no matter what I did!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#7]

This refers to your letter to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), Firearms Technology Branch, dated September 24,2003, asking about the modification of an SKS rifle to permit acceptance of a detachable "duckbill-style" ammunition magazine.

Title 18, United States Code (U.S.C.), Chapter 44, Section 922(r), states, in part, that it shall be “unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under Section 925 (d) (3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes….”

Currently, SKS rifles capable of accepting a large capacity ammunition-feeding device are prohibited from importation. Therefore, modifying an SKS to accept a large capacity ammunition-feeding device would be a violation of 922 (r).

We thank you for your inquiry and trust the foregoing has been responsive.

Sincerely yours,

Sterling Nixon
Chief, Firearms Technology Branch

A 20 round fixed magazine is considered a high capacity feeding device.

Link
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#8]
depends on your states laws about magizine capacity.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
depends on your states laws about magizine capacity.

State laws have nothing to do with 922r.    It is a Federal issue, not a state law issue.    The original post stated that his state does not have arbitrary capacity legislation.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#10]
don't bother I've had two. neither one of them worked worth a shit! both wouldn't feed reliably one would let the bolt slam shut on your fingers before you could get the rest of the second clip in. they look neat though.LOL R1150R
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Sure, its a great idea if mag capacity is more important to you than reliability.  The SKS functions best as it was intended to, with the 10 round fixed magazine. Its your rifle, do what you want.. but me personally.. I use the ak when 10 rounds isnt enough.    
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top