Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2011 4:52:27 PM EDT
I shoot 5.45 cal ARs.  That said, I'm looking for 5.45 stripper clips, (and if they exist)- cardboard silencer boxes to slip the loaded stripper clips into.

Can anyone give me a heads up regarding suppliers?  The last few gunshows I've been to here in Virginia on the outskirts of D.C., the only stripper clips I can find for 5.45 almost made me wince.  I was hoping for stripper clips to cost less than ~a dollar/each, and they looked like Stalin sold them for scrap.

Are they that hard to find for a price similar to 5.56 stripper clips?  Are silencers available?  

Thanks for any help pointing me in a productive direction.
Link Posted: 1/12/2011 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I shoot 5.45 cal ARs.  That said, I'm looking for 5.45 stripper clips, (and if they exist)- cardboard silencer boxes to slip the loaded stripper clips into.

Can anyone give me a heads up regarding suppliers?  The last few gunshows I've been to here in Virginia on the outskirts of D.C., the only stripper clips I can find for 5.45 almost made me wince.  I was hoping for stripper clips to cost less than ~a dollar/each, and they looked like Stalin sold them for scrap.

Are they that hard to find for a price similar to 5.56 stripper clips?  Are silencers available?  

Thanks for any help pointing me in a productive direction.

Yes, 5.45 stripper clips can be either expensive or cheap.  While not as universal (and therefore cheap) like 5.56 clips, they are much more sturdy and hold 50% more rounds, so therefore worth more. Compare the thick metal used on 5.45 clips and the thin stamping of the 5.56 clips.
If you have gone to NOVA/Richmond shows, you usually will find them for sale at the table of David's Collectables, but for a high price.  I have waited for sales on the K-var website ($3-$4 for 4 clips/1 guide), and have gotten a bunch from a table at a gunshow devoted to surplus.  

Cardboard silencers can be made by going to a comic book store and buying some of the backing boards used to protect comics in plastic bags. They are made of an acid-free paper that will absorb moisture and will protect your rounds, if you cut them up and fold them in a "Z" shape, like the cardboards used in bandoleers for M1 carbine ammo.
Link Posted: 1/12/2011 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought some last Saturday at a local gun show $4.00 for 4 clips and a guide.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered 50 from here on sale at .50 cents a piece and 2 sets of a loader and 4 clips for $4 each

http://www.desertfoxsales.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=21

Shipping was reasonable flat rate USPS

I had not heard of the company before but researched a little and saw positive recs and comments on Calguns and Glocktalk, the akforum.net and some mention on gunboards.com

Also I believe he sells on GB as IdreamAK

Link Posted: 1/17/2011 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I just ordered 50 from here on sale at .50 cents a piece and 2 sets of a loader and 4 clips for $4 each

http://www.desertfoxsales.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=21

Shipping was reasonable flat rate USPS

I had not heard of the company before but researched a little and saw positive recs and comments on Calguns and Glocktalk, the akforum.net and some mention on gunboards.com

Also I believe he sells on GB as IdreamAK
Thanks for the link.

We'll see what kind of vendor they are.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Answering my own post:

I got mine in the mail today.

Nice quality stuff, packed well, I'm satisfied that I dealt with a professional.

Thanks for the heads up and the link.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Answering my own post:

I got mine in the mail today.

Nice quality stuff, packed well, I'm satisfied that I dealt with a professional.

Thanks for the heads up and the link.

Same here, mine arrived today.   Took a few days to process but came fast.   All are in great shape.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I read this and ordered some last week. They arrived today and am very satisfied. Thanks for the heads up.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top