Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2018 12:22:02 PM EDT
I have used the below ATF silhouette targets in addition to other targets when running drills, etc.  I have gone through 100 of them and need to buy some more so I thought I would see what others are using for their silhouette needs.
What are you guys using/recommending for paper silhouettes these days?

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I usually use the CSAT Target.  More often than not I'll draw a 3" circle in the head and high center chest area of the target as well.

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I usually use the CSAT Target.  More often than not I'll draw a 3" circle in the head and high center chest area of the target as well.

https://i.imgur.com/FHSOuuQ.jpg?1
View Quote
I just watched the video by Paul Howe explaining this target. It sounds like a useful system. I also like the fact that you can use masking tape as pasters.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I just watched the video by Paul Howe explaining this target. It sounds like a useful system. I also like the fact that you can use masking tape as pasters.
View Quote
Yeah, Paul's a pretty clever guy.  I really like the CSAT target, it's versatile and very well thought out. I usually buy them 100 at a time.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I use USPSA cardboard exclusively now, but I work like 5 minutes from LE Targets/Action Target so I don’t have to pay for shipping
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I use USPSA cardboard exclusively now, but I work like 5 minutes from LE Targets/Action Target so I don’t have to pay for shipping
View Quote
This.  Order 100 and it will be about $90 shipped.  I also grab them after matches.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

In addition to those mentioned already, I like the skeletargets.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I have lots of cardboard laying around. Used a USPSA 80% steel target as my blank. Trace, razor blade (make a nice first one and keep as template so you dont have to screw with heavy steel any more).

I cut out a second template with a 6" hole to use with spray paint or marker to make a vital zone.

And then cheap as can find tan masking tape to cover the bullet holes.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have lots of cardboard laying around. Used a USPSA 80% steel target as my blank. Trace, razor blade (make a nice first one and keep as template so you dont have to screw with heavy steel any more).

I cut out a second template with a 6" hole to use with spray paint or marker to make a vital zone.

View Quote
Great Idea. Only what will a steel target cost me?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're so inclined you can just pull the dimensions of the original target and scale it then lay it out with a square and tape measure... then you don't need to buy anything. I had the steel target laying around and I'm lazy so just tracing it was easiest.

You should buy some steel anyway because shooting steel is fun.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.  Went to the gun store, bought one cardboard target for $2.  Then went to Walmart and their biggest card board box they sell costs about $2.  I can cut 4 silhouettes out of it.  I just keep my fancy store bought target as a template haha.  Sometimes I am lucky and can snag a giant box out of the dumpster at work and it will make me 8-9 targets
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Since 2007 I use cardboard targets exclusively.  I started with the RIPOSTE targets, the version we were using was discontinued, so I switched to IDPA and then finally settled on USPSA targets about 5 or six years ago.  I like utilizing the white "no shoot" sides on top of another target creating hostage situations or other reduced target area scenarios.  For those of you who make your own cardboard targets, don't forget to check appliance stores, they are a great source for large pieces of cardboard.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Usmc threat targets and post-it notes.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I like the VTac targets,  but I'm poor. Mostly IDPA cardboard, target pasters. Sometimes I use spray glue and stick up a different training target printed on office printer paper. Midway, Lucky Gunner, amd T.Rex Arms put up printable targets on their website.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A variety. Usually IDPA cardboard silhouettes but often times I'll check LE Targets clearance section and buy a few hundred of whatever is cheap provided they are useful. Sometimes you can find paper at less than $.20 each.
View Quote
I bought some nice targets off the LE targets clearance site for .20 apiece. Good price for large full color targets.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#16]
VTACs
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:11:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Steel of a Deal
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#18]
A local instructor in my area (also travels all over the country) Jared Reston came up with his own targets for his training courses.  Not only have I used them in his class, but also my personal training.

They work great and also are as affordable as others.

He also recently came up with the cadence target.

Reston Group Action Target
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
@KTM300XCW
What steel target did you go with?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#20]
@JLS81

Looks like they are no longer available. As I remember the price was really good. They are still in use with very little pitting.

Targets
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
@JLS81

Looks like they are no longer available. As I remember the price was really good. They are still in use with very little pitting.

Targets
View Quote
@KTM300XCW
I hear you, still holding up quite well with some summer heavy hitters working that steel target.

Can still snag 'em here if in need.

Titan AR500 Silhouette Style
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top