Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2019 12:06:25 PM EDT
Looking for a recommendation on a good tactical training course within a reasonable drive from Western PA (Pittsburgh) area, 2-3 hours ish?

Not looking for absolute basic "how to disassemble your AR-15, here is the bolt, here is the magazine, here's how to reload..." etc. I'm more interested in one step up from that. I know how my rifle works, I'm looking for entry level tactical training course. Moving, drills, intro to combat.

I'm also not looking for too advanced, where we're expected to have full LARPing kit. This is something I'd like to take my Dad to and do together. Something somewhere in the middle, i.e. need a chest rig because we'll be moving not just bench shooting, but not needing a 3-day assault pack fully geared up, y'know?

Anyone know any good ones near me?
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I too would be interested?

I'm working in the area for now but have a little free time coming up.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Try asking in hometown  might have better results.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Pennsylvania/14/
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looking for a recommendation on a good tactical training course within a reasonable drive from Western PA (Pittsburgh) area, 2-3 hours ish?

Not looking for absolute basic "how to disassemble your AR-15, here is the bolt, here is the magazine, here's how to reload..." etc. I'm more interested in one step up from that. I know how my rifle works, I'm looking for entry level tactical training course. Moving, drills, intro to combat.

I'm also not looking for too advanced, where we're expected to have full LARPing kit. This is something I'd like to take my Dad to and do together. Something somewhere in the middle, i.e. need a chest rig because we'll be moving not just bench shooting, but not needing a 3-day assault pack fully geared up, y'know?

Anyone know any good ones near me?
View Quote
Not a ton of great options in PA, but if you are willing to travel2-3 hours down to VA you have some great options.

Green Ops- Near Culpepper VA and hold some classes elsewhere as well lie the NRA range in Fairfax.  They offer beginner up classes.  Mike Green is the owner and former Special forces.  They are a great company.  I like that they offer 4.5 hr clinics as well as full day/multi day classes.. I highly recommend these guys

Paramount Tactical- Have heard really good things about these guys as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top