Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2019 8:49:34 PM EDT
Good evening everyone,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this type of post but I will be moving to southwest OK in the next few months from NC. Looking for a good training facility/courses involving tactical shooting with carbine/pistol. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be a great help. Really looking for anything at this point whether it be a good range or public/private land I can train on.

Thank you
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
What town?
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mrzip:
What town?
View Quote
Lawton or Elgin, but I’m willing to travel for the right place.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LML_Duramax:

Lawton or Elgin, but I’m willing to travel for the right place.
View Quote
The only place I know of is The OKC Gun Club in Edmond. Your looking at approx. a 1.5 hr drive.

They have matches for just about every shooting discipline you can think of.
You'll have to contact them to find out what types of training they may be conducting.

https://www.okcgunclub.org/
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Try US Shooting Academy in Tulsa. It's a bit of a drive, but it should be less than 3.5 hours.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you to both of you, I’ll take a look at both places. Just so hard to find decent places to train now a days unless you know people.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#6]
The MeadHall Range in McCloud hosts a lot of courses.  He as a new classroom building that should be up and running soon as well as his ranges.

Shameless plug:  I'm teaching there in March.

Applied Pistolcraft
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Fouled Bore Precision is pretty close and does events and long range,(600 yds+) check them out.
I've been told there's a long range school south of Lawton almost to Texas, but that's as much info as i have.
There's a range in Duncan, name escapes me.
There are many Ok Wildlife Refuge (unsupervised) shooting ranges that are free to Ok. hunting license holders, check on the Ok Dept. of Wildlife website for info.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Badlands Tactical in Grandfield, OK, north of Wichita Falls. I took their basic carbine class back in June 2017 and want to return for their advanced class if my schedule ever allows it. They have free student lodging in a repurposed old nursing home.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#9]
That would be the one south of Lawton  I had heard of, thanks for the name.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top