Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2022 7:35:10 AM EDT
Does anyone have a source for reasonably priced Sims kits or complete guns? I am looking to buy a few.

I have found kits online for as much as $700, and 17T’s for as low as $200 (from a sketchy website).

I don’t mind buying used.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Couple LE supply places take them in on trade once in a while and sell them on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:38:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting you mention that. Since I posted this, I bought two conversion kits from Gunbroker.

I found that the purpose built pistols are treated as pistols for sale and transfers. I also found that the $400 Glock 17T I passed up was a great deal.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:42:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vaquero:
I found that the purpose built pistols are treated as pistols for sale and transfers.
View Quote
That's because the frames are real.

I found a good deal on GB years ago on a Sim P226 (since I was the only officer at my agency running one and I didn't want to switch to a G17T for training events) and could use my normal holster. I had it shipped straight to me (at my agency) for official use, since we can do that for any service weapons (even personally purchased).

Mostly the conversions are just fine, but my 226 version has a frame ramp insert glued on for feeding reliability. I think the Glocks and Berettas don't need any extra piece like that.
I like having a dedicated gun though, because I'm not forced to intricately clean and swap parts immediately following a training event.

As you probably know, they require frequent cleaning due to the plastic clogging up the barrel. They're overly sensitive to fouling in general (due to generating so little energy).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top