Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2019 1:50:36 AM EDT
I usually use indoor range, but I want to practice draw shooting from a holster, reload, transition. Does any one know shooting range facility where we can practice these?
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
FNRL (Friday Night Rifle League) at Wade's East Side gun shop is a weekly event where you can do a little bit of this.  Usually start with Rifle, one mag change, then present from holster for the pistol targets.  2 runs, 1 with light on, one with lights off.    I think the cost is $20.

Federal Way Discount guns had a Tactical Tuesday.  Similar to FNRL.

Check with the range you shoot at, some have a qualification you can take to present from the holster.

If you can not find one, dry practice is always an option.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 1:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Where are you located?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I am living in Seattle.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#5]
There's IDPA and USPSA at several around, including Paul Bunyan in Puyallup, Cascade past Kent, and Tacoma Rifle and Revolver.

As to practice, most actual ranges prohibit holster work during normal range times.  That being said, one of the few "perks" of WA state is just how much public land there actually is.  Your best bet is to find a place in the woods that meets your needs.

I live in Bremerton and every local range prohibits everything I want to practice, but I literally drive around the corner from my house, walk less than a minute into the woods, and I have a clear area into a large berm with nothing for miles behind it.  I take a gunshot medical kit and my phone, and always tell my wife when I'm going out and coming back, and I can practice everything I want to.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#6]
MVS range in Palmer, AK is where you can do this. It will be with RSO approval, but it can be done!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top