Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 7:15:55 PM EDT
I have my scope (on AR) zeroed for a .223 Nosler 60gr at 50 yards.  -

I am going to place this scope and mount on a Remington 700 - .308 and shoot this weekend.

I've searched around without any luck trying to find a ballistic program that would allow me to enter in the AR zero/round info and then enter the .308 data and be able see both trajectories on a graph.

Can anyone suggest a program to look for? Or, if anyone has a few minutes, would you mind punching it up?

I am ultimately trying to find what range the .308 will be zeroed at when the scope is set at a 50yrd zero for the .223.

I feel like this should be pretty easy but for some reason, it's just getting lost on me. I'd appreciate any help/info I can get.

Info -

AR -scope height is 1.47" -

.223 Nosler partition 60 gr

BC .228 -

velocity 3160

scope height 2.5"

.308  SMK

168 gr bthp

bc - .447

vel - 2650

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not going to work

Your zero is going to be lost when you swap the mount/bases/rings. This also doesnt account for differences in  scope height over the bore, cheek weld and rifle contruction.

Even hot swapping a one piece mount like a LT or Bobro you're still not going to get it right. You will have to re zero
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not very smart on precision stuff, but I think your best bet is to get a good repeatable mount and zero for each weapon. Then just write down the zero settings for each and go that route.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By EngageTangos:
I'm not very smart on precision stuff, but I think your best bet is to get a good repeatable mount and zero for each weapon. Then just write down the zero settings for each and go that route.

This. I do this for a scope I swap between 5.56 and 6.8.

Link Posted: 2/11/2013 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Nikon Spot On, I use it for a lot of shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top