Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2020 9:34:07 PM EDT
Hey guys, wife is a first year 6th grade teacher.  The district does some basic stop the bleed stuff, but no real "kit" given out to each classroom. Going to be signing her up for a trauma class (ive done one locally, and thought it was well worth the money).   My question is as far as TQ choices for a 6th grade classroom.  Obviously set up some kind of IFAK for her, but would like to work towards having something else.  Swat T's, RATS, or stick with cats?  Kids would be 10-12yo or so.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the school response kits from NAR.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 6:17:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Her school provides stop the bleed, as well as having supplies at a central location (unsure of exactly what is in the bag).  They have a SRO of course as well.   I would just like for her to have something supplemental just in case.  I think the Cat would be close/adequate on most 11-12.  Pray she never has to use it of course, but I think ill go that route.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#4]
CAT or SOFT.  Nothing else.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Stop the Bleed class. We got a 10 pack of trauma kits for each school from local health department grant.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 2:02:46 AM EDT
[#6]
CAT.  There's no evidence based guidelines for the others (except SOFT-W)
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 2:22:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Dad but true, unless she's trained and certified, anything beyond basic first aid will get her fired. Get he a box of gloves, some square 3-4" sterile gauge pads and call it done. I taught US for 1 5 years, other then 1 childbirth and a seizure the worst ever was a broken nose from a fight and a whole lot of nose bleeds.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chadsc:
Her school provides stop the bleed, as well as having supplies at a central location (unsure of exactly what is in the bag).  They have a SRO of course as well.   I would just like for her to have something supplemental just in case.  I think the Cat would be close/adequate on most 11-12.  Pray she never has to use it of course, but I think ill go that route.
View Quote

Maybe find out what's in their kit or supplies and duplicate that if you're concerned about liability?
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want the snakestaff systems ETQ TQ you can use cory10 for 10% off

They’re pretty compact to fit on key rings, in your pocket and you barley notice it’s there. It has some real world saves and because you can fit it in your pocket and forget about it until you need it, it’s pretty accessible.

They make two widths and there’s data on widths of TQs you can read about and usable fabric etc.. but overall it’s a solid product. They also have an EDC IFAK coming out with GSW targeted products in it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By trails-end:
CAT or SOFT.  Nothing else.
View Quote

This and buy from an authorized reseller (or better direct from the manufacturer), lot of counterfeit CATs on ebay and Amazon.
NAR (North American Rescue, manufacturer of the CAT) has 25% off sales of various products 3-4 times a year; what's on sale always varies, but it always includes tqs. I don't think I've paid over $25/CAT since I discovered that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top