Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2020 10:19:46 AM EDT
I stumbled across Rune Nation, LLC on instagram and started taking a look at their course offerings and his stuff seems fantastic. Has anyone taken a course? I haven't found any AARs anywhere.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I took his level 2 class earlier this year and i enjoyed it. The 1st day was all carry concealed and had a very good time. Learned some great little tips you wont find on youtube. He did a great job of focusing on the shooter during the initial "cold start" drill and after the class went through had constructive feedback for everyone.

The 2nd day was rifle and pistol. Firing on the move and firing from support hand/shoulder. Using the 9 hole barricade at our own pace. He had these pin ons that had knives, cell phones, beer bottle screw drivers and u had to decide if it was shoot or no shoot.

I went through almost 1000 rounds of each so it was nice to be shooting as much as learning. There were a few things that i wasnt a fan of. The biggest thing was a drill where we were stepping back from the target and raising the gun and shooting at different stages to see what it would feel like if u needed to shoot at different stages while trying to defend yourself while backing away. It was a little too complex and everyone seemed to have an issue with what position they should be in while shooting but not in a dangerous way. More along the lines of am i supposed to be shooting with my support hand on the weapon or staging to complete my grip, nothing unsafe or dangerous but Ian said its ok most people dont get this movement right. I couldnt help but think if no one gets it right why keep teaching it.

Overall i had a great time with a great instructor. I think his cold start drill is the best i have used and highly recomend printing it out and using it as intended anytime you go out shooting. Bring a poncho, he joked he always brings the weather and its real name should be Rain Nation LLC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top