Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2019 12:47:35 PM EDT
I'm buying a Vickers sling from BlueForce gear to place in my SCAR17.  My plan is to have a U-loop on the foregrip for my front attachment, but the SCAR has an attachment point wear the buttstock connects to the receiver, as if you were to run a single point sling.

For rear attachment options, what's the pluses and minuses of using this attachment point, verses further back on the actual buttstock?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it is either way too looose or too tight to shoulder.  Aka 0 advantages.

If that's you in the avatar though maybe you don't need my advice. Maybe it would be useful if you need to really tie it down like airborn shit. For shooting i see 0 advantage .
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it is either way too looose or too tight to shoulder.  Aka 0 advantages.

If that's you in the avatar though maybe you don't need my advice.
View Quote
Just always shot with the rear attachment point on the rifle butt.  Thought never occurred to me for use of the single point sling attachment point as a rear option, but I don't want to spend the money on trying something out that may not even work or be beneficial
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#3]
People use both. I prefer attachments as far apart as practical. Really helps when its slung tight to control it.

Attaching at the back of the reciever is supposed to help when switching sides.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
People use both. I prefer attachments as far apart as practical. Really helps when its slung tight to control it.

View Quote
I use the rear of the receiver as an attachment point.

I hunt at night and it can help keep the muzzle/suppressor from bumping stuff since you can hitch it up so the butt is higher than your shoulder.

Since I do it at night, and at night your gear has to be really familiar to avoid fumbling, I do it on all my ARs all the time.

ETA, as pointed out in earlier posts, it’s not as secure for jogging or running as an attachment point on the butt. Also, the front attachment point needs to be as far out on the hand guard as possible.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I hunt at night and it can help keep the muzzle/suppressor from bumping stuff since you can hitch it up so the butt is higher than your shoulder.

Since I do it at night, and at night your gear has to be really familiar to avoid fumbling, I do it on all my ARs all the time.

ETA, as pointed out in earlier posts, it’s not as secure for jogging or running as an attachment point on the butt. Also, the front attachment point needs to be as far out on the hand guard as possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but that is not a shooting sling position. That's more for keeping the rifle high and tight. To shoot you would need to loosen way up.

Nothing wrong with that...just saying I dont see it as a shooting use.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah but that is not a shooting sling position. That's more for keeping the rifle high and tight. To shoot you would need to loosen way up.

Nothing wrong with that...just saying I dont see it as a shooting use.
View Quote
No, it’s plenty loose to shoot.

Loose enough to use a bipod or tripod sling as well or to use a hasty sling wrap.

If you look at my avatar I have the rifle slung as described. Clearly, it isn’t too tight to shoot. I’m a lefty, btw.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I like mine at the rear of the buttstock. No matter what, you're gonna need to loosen the sling if you use it right (most people don't. No, I'm not calling anyone out on here, I'm speaking from experience). That's why it's intended to be easily adjustable. Larry Vickers has a video (on YouTube, I believe) in which he explains how to manipulate the slings as designed. Of course, you're not bound to that; but it'll give you a good starting point.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 1:44:27 AM EDT
[#8]
All the way to the rear allows you to switch shooting shoulders without having to do anything wonky with the sling.

Otherwise, it doesn't really matter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top