Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2022 11:33:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nemesis9]
I am trying to learn proper form and technique for high power. Is there a highly regarded book, website, or something that will help me learn the fundamentals? I've gone to one event and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I have no idea how to correct my form/fundamentals. Let alone what right look/feel like.

How does one train for it at home? I have been trying to find my NPOA with a dot drawn on a post it on the wall. Are there other things one can do?
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:10:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:10:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#2]
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:17:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Any local clubs have a clinic for high power or indoor small bore? Actual coaching is very helpful. Small bore uses the same positions and is very useful and cheap.

What you will find is peoples techniques vary widely in some areas. Learning multiple styles will help you test different things and find what works best for you.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:56:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I would try and find a clinic. I looked, and dont see any near you the rest of this year.
https://thecmp.org/training-tech/clinics/

For a website,  usrifleteams.com. Lots of good info there.

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I will add that all of the above is good advice.

We teach at the clubs that host XTC matches, and I highly recommend you check into the nearest clubs as soon as you can.

A live coach will save you a ton of time and money when you get started, especially if you don't already have a smallbore or airgun background.

Depending on your budget, and if he is still teaching, Jim Owens used to offer a multi-day clinic. He can get you going quickly as well.
His books were shown above if you are forced to learn this on your own.

Good Luck on your journey.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all for your feedback. I will try and find a clinic and/or coach and look through all the videos/books provided.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FLATFOOT762:
I would try and find a clinic. I looked, and dont see any near you the rest of this year.
https://thecmp.org/training-tech/clinics/

For a website,  usrifleteams.com. Lots of good info there.

View Quote

I tried registering for this website many times, and it will not send a confirmation email.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:48:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Sending you an IM
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you, went to the Talladega Southern Classic for the rifleman 101, had a blast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top