Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2011 9:53:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uscombatdiver]
Is there some place to upload a file?  I just spent a lot of time making a 'record data sheet' like the one in the FM 23-8 M14 AND M14A1 RIFLES AND RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP and would like to share it.  It is in a spreadsheet format.  Basically you can print it out (I'm printing it out 2 per page) and use it to record your shots.  It is also something you can customize for yourself.  So if uploading it isn't an option, email me for a copy of it.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Try google docs for this.

http://docs.google.com

It's damn near a full office productivity suite in a browser.  

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 11:55:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uscombatdiver] [#2]
Cool, I already had this (the guys in our build group use it) but never thought of using it (this is my first time uploading anything to it.

Shooting Record Data Sheet

Let me know what you think.  And any suggestions on improving are welcome.  I was going to put all the manual formulas on there but got too tired to find them all.  In fact, could I get some input from anyone willing?  Give me all the formulas used in ballistic calculations and what they are used for.  I'm a physicist by education so it should not be too different than what I already know, but want to make sure I'm using the formulas everyone else is using.  

* heck, while I'm at it why not this too:

Mildot Data Strip

For all those out there not liking this stuff, if interested I may share the data strips I have with the standard data already populated (such data should be checked and corrected to your particular firearm and ammunition).
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#3]
It's spartan, but certainly usable.  It has most of the elements you will be looking for.  

The only things I could say are missing are Leads for moving targets (both) and that the strip only goes up to 800Y.  

And I would hand-draw the target and not assume it's a sheet of paper.  This way whatever you are shooting at you can define your own dimensions.

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By fargo007:
It's spartan, but certainly usable.  It has most of the elements you will be looking for.  

The only things I could say are missing are Leads for moving targets (both) and that the strip only goes up to 800Y.  

And I would hand-draw the target and not assume it's a sheet of paper.  This way whatever you are shooting at you can define your own dimensions.

––Fargo007

The image where the target goes can be deleted before printing.  I typically use a regular sheet of computer paper with a solid black side, that's why I put that on there.  And the other is a standard outline.  Not sure where you are suggesting the leads go.  Personally I was taught to track a moving target from back to front and squeeze the trigger off as I pass the point I want to hit continueing to follow through and have had great success doing that.  But thank you for your suggestion, if you further clarify it I will add it.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 11:29:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OhioLongRange] [#5]
my collection of "sniper" data books from the web.. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9BsvElLB2ajTGxpT3l6bEtCcWM&usp=sharing
Link Posted: 4/9/2011 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Not able to get anything, Ohiolongrange
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 12:25:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OhioLongRange] [#7]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks a lot for sharing those.

There is a LOT of red meat in there.

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#9]
You Sir's are the most awesome'ist ever!

Thanks so damn much.  I can't tell you how helpfull that was.....  Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#10]
np....  

if u want to buy 1, i HIGHY sugest these

http://www.stormtactical.com/
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#11]
If you are looking for the most versatile modular data book around then go here www.impactdatabooks.com

You can choose from over 380 different data collection pages and I am sure you will find many pages that will fit your shooting needs.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Tagged
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#13]
thanks OhioLongRange...plethora of useful knowledge in the documents. KUDOS!
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Looking for the most versatile and flexible data book ever made?  I recommend you look here.  You can build the book with the targets you use and need to your specifications.  

Impact Data Books
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OhioLongRange:
my collection of "sniper" data books from the web.. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9BsvElLB2ajTGxpT3l6bEtCcWM&usp=sharing
View Quote

EPIC WIN.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:29:27 AM EDT
[#16]
So at work we track cold bore and 5 round groups by shooting in the "target" area of the data book page. That way you don't have to draw impacts or estimate groups. I use these at 100 yards. You could probably use them out to 200 or 300 if your optics magnification are sufficient. I copied some data book pages we like and then added some bull's eyes on the page and that is the finished product. It makes record keeping very easy. I can upload some images if anyone is interested. I usually fold the torn edges of the bullet holes down flat and put a strip of clear tape on there to keep things clean. Each year I take out the 12 months of target datA book pages and start over. Those go into a file for long-term recordkeeping. This keeps the data book from getting too fat. You could keep a year or six months if you like to have some reference for review.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#17]
This needs a tack
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Good info - bumped to keep it an active posting
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Hi I would love to get a copy of the Data Sheet thank you .
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:19:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tweeter] [#20]
If you use Google, a Drive account is included and has settings for folders to be set to "public" if you want anyone to be able to access it with a URL (link)

It's a great way to share documents, data, graphics, audio, and video for free.  It is capped at 15GB unless you're willing to pay for more virtual storage
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top