Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2017 5:21:52 PM EDT
I've heard both.   That, YES, a brace is legal and that, NO, it's not legal.  

Does anyone have the ruling on that?

I'd love to build a PCC rig because it looks like a fun shoot, but living where i do presents some hurdles.  Building a PCC from an 80% and using a brace.....instead of a stock, gets me around that hurdle.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:38:11 PM EDT
[#1]
USPSA BoD ruled not allowed. Weapon is still a pistol in that configuration. The PCC division is supposed to be for carbines and rifles only. The other divisions are for pistols.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 6:35:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Not legal
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wtturn:
Not legal
View Quote
How about, " Not per the rules."
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By pepe-lepew:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pepe-lepew:
Not legal
That's what he said why mince words
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Not legal per the rules, but I’d bet some local clubs would allow you to use a blade.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By steve8140:
Not legal per the rules, but I'd bet some local clubs would allow you to use a blade.
View Quote
maybe for no score.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 1:19:21 AM EDT
[#7]
you can't shoot a pistol in a carbine class.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 1:24:18 AM EDT
[#8]
maybe for no score.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By steve8140:
Not legal per the rules, but I'd bet some local clubs would allow you to use a blade.
maybe for no score.
Maybe after the match. The rules say no braced pistols, so no.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CTjer:
I've heard both.   That, YES, a brace is legal and that, NO, it's not legal.

Does anyone have the ruling on that?

I'd love to build a PCC rig because it looks like a fun shoot, but living where i do presents some hurdles.  Building a PCC from an 80% and using a brace.....instead of a stock, gets me around that hurdle.
View Quote
This reminds me of a local match, five guys standing around talking about how something should be ruled.  Let me be that guy that opens the rule book. No Sig braces or variants, 2019 USPSA Rulebook Appendix D8 #6

Now if you read on in the rulebook pistols are allowed in PCC when configured to a SBR or carbine. You can find that in the 2019 USPSA Rulebook Appendix D8 #6 and special condition #1 and #2.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#10]
IMO stuff like this is why there's been a proliferation of "outlaw" matches that are very similar to USPSA or IDPA but operate with a greatly reduced rule set.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:41:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m4hk33] [#11]
Rules legal or atf legal?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jeepinbanditrider:
IMO stuff like this is why there's been a proliferation of "outlaw" matches that are very similar to USPSA or IDPA but operate with a greatly reduced rule set.
View Quote
Non of which have anywhere close to the participants or overall membership level. The rules can be frustrating but at their core most of them are there to make the competition better in one way or another.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jeepinbanditrider:
View Quote
USPSA rules aren't that onerous.  Now IDPA on the other hand......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top