Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2021 10:00:40 AM EDT
The NRA NY lawsuit looks like it's a dumpster fire and there is a worst case scenario where the NRA is dissolved.  If that should happen then I assume everyone's instructor credentials go kaput?  This is a big problem with places like Hawaii requires NRA certified instructors to teach classes required to purchase handguns.  It may also affect other states CCW programs.  Is this right?

Also what other organizations have firearm instructors credentialing and student course curriculum for basic firearms training, CCW, and RSO?  I heard USCCA has a good basic firearm and CCW program.  I have a Sig Sauer instructor cert myself.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagscribed.
fNRA is too big to fail though; for the reason you mention and others.

Be interesting to watch others fight over the scraps of its dead carcass though
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't speak for HI, but in many states, the requirement is phrased in the statute something like "accredited or certified by a national organization", meaning organizations other than NRA will suffice to credential trainers.

Seems like an opportunity for other nationwide organizations to step in and fill the training certification vacuum?
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't speak for HI, but in many states, the requirement is phrased in the statute something like "accredited or certified by a national organization", meaning organizations other than NRA will suffice to credential trainers.

Seems like an opportunity for other nationwide organizations to step in and fill the training certification vacuum?
View Quote

Hawaii's law specifically says NRA, but we could change that to national organization
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top