Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2022 4:26:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nemesis9]
I participated in a beginner EIC match recently with a loaner RRA rifle with iron sights. I really enjoyed firing with the carry handle over my 4x optic. Other than RRA and Compass Lake, are there any manufacturers that still make a complete national match carry handle and/or pin them?
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 4:33:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#1]
I have RRA.  It is not pinned, if you mean the steel dowel rod guide.

Not an easy thing to find.

HERE is a link to a thread for optics users who may know know what we are talking about.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a rock River match carry handle in my parts drawer!
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 6:32:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nemesis9] [#3]
Originally Posted By Fordtough25:
I have a rock River match carry handle in my parts drawer!
View Quote

I imagine after the CMP introduced optics, many people have shelved the carry handles. Don't see people posting them for sale though.

Originally Posted By wildearp:
I have RRA.  It is not pinned, if you mean the steel dowel rod guide.

Not an easy thing to find.

HERE is a link to a thread for optics users who may know know what we are talking about.
View Quote

Thanks, that guy was looking for the pinned I mentioned. Seems it really is down to last two vendors of RRA and CLE.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 12:44:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you looked through this?
White Oak Armament
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 1:07:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I find a used upper from someone that went to a scope.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 9:16:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RegionRat:
Have you looked through this?
White Oak Armament
View Quote

Yes, they only have individual parts, and doesn't seem to be all of them.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#7]
There is still guys out there holding onto their pinned A2 uppers with NM float tubes. A WTB ad at the National match forums will net you one pretty quick. They usually sell for $400-500 for the complete upper. It is the fastest and cheapest way to get started in the sport.

For a person developing their skill, pinned and 1/4 MOA sights is not needed. You can be competitive with just a NM hooded aperture and NM front sight post. Most that get into the sport will likely be going to a WOA, Leupold or NF service rifle scope.

You can buy a 1/2 Moa hooded NM aperture and windage screw from CLE and convert a standard A2 or carry handle for about $40. It is a simple parts change out. I bought the proper size tap and now drill and thread the battle aperture for the CLE hooded aperture. I have converted 4 this way.

In this sport, buy the best equipment. Used if you have to. Some of us learned the expensive way and bought cheap rifle scopes, scope stands and spotting scopes just to spend more money to upgrade later.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pepe-lepew:
There is still guys out there holding onto their pinned A2 uppers with NM float tubes. A WTB ad at the National match forums will net you one pretty quick. They usually sell for $400-500 for the complete upper. It is the fastest and cheapest way to get started in the sport.

For a person developing their skill, pinned and 1/4 MOA sights is not needed. You can be competitive with just a NM hooded aperture and NM front sight post. Most that get into the sport will likely be going to a WOA, Leupold or NF service rifle scope.

You can buy a 1/2 Moa hooded NM aperture and windage screw from CLE and convert a standard A2 or carry handle for about $40. It is a simple parts change out. I bought the proper size tap and now drill and thread the battle aperture for the CLE hooded aperture. I have converted 4 this way.

In this sport, buy the best equipment. Used if you have to. Some of us learned the expensive way and bought cheap rifle scopes, scope stands and spotting scopes just to spend more money to upgrade later.
View Quote

Thank you, will look into that. Account verification is still pending on the national match forum.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Of all the things on an old iron sighted A2 or A4, sight pinning is at the bottom of the list of needed improvements.

Shot them for more than a decade before I was told that pinning was "needed". Save your money IMO.

Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Coming in a bit late, but if you like iron sights, you may also want to look at getting a hooded aperture set.  Being able to go down to the smallest hole possible will help with accuracy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top