[#1]
Basically Gen 2 is lighter, Gen 1 has tighter lockup

I prefer the Gen 1.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 11:23:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome.

Where I live, the use of a collapsible stock is off the table unless you register the rig as an AW. It forces me to stick with the plain simple stock. The UBR is an advantage I could use, but so be it...

You don't want to know what I think about CA politicians....

There are weight sets available for the UBR models, so you may have to play with ballast for the offhand to be comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 3:31:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Did the G1 have a checkered butt under the rubber plate?
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I never looked under the rubber pad.

I bought two of them and they sit new in their box because it isn't legal for me to mount them here.

If it helps, I will dig them out and look, but I boxed them away along with their accessories long ago.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the gen 2. If I were to do it again, I would go with the gen 1.

I bought a sling swivel plate, that fits under the buttpad. When I took the buttpad off, I found that the posts that the buttpad screws go into, both had cracks for the entire length. I contacted Magpul, who replaced it. When I got the replacement,  it too, had cracked posts. I ended up I used epoxy to repair and hopefully beef up the posts.

Doing some reading on US Rifle Team forums, found at least one other person that also found cracked posts on their gen 2.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
Did the G1 have a checkered butt under the rubber plate?
View Quote

I forgot to get back to you sorry for the delay.

I dug the boxes out and yes I see the grip texture under the rubber pad on the Gen 1.

On the Gen 2, I have two different rubber butt pads, the one on it and an optional thicker one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top