Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2017 5:59:08 AM EDT
I mostly shoot USPSA. This year I have squeezed in a few matches at local club puts on an IDPA style defensive pistol shoot twice a month.  Yesterday for the last shoot of the season they did a night shoot.  Wow!  What a good time.  Being IDPA style they allow headlamps, weapon mounted lights and lasers along with flashlights.  For grins I shot my 9mm M&P Shield in CCP.  (I only have 3 mags so BUG is out)  I placed 1st in CCP and 17th overall out of 43 shooters.  

If you ever have a chance to do a night shoot do it!  
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 8:07:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 67cobra] [#1]
The IDPA club I shoot at has a night shoot coming up in a couple weeks. Unfortunately they are not allowing lights mounted on handguns, only handheld. No headbands either. They are allowing lights mounted to PCC's though, so guess what class im shooting...
Do expect it to be fun though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 67cobra:
The IDPA club I shoot at has a night shoot coming up in a couple weeks. Unfortunately they are not allowing lights mounted on handguns, only handheld. No headbands either. They are allowing lights mounted to PCC's though, so guess what class im shooting...
Do expect it to be fun though.
View Quote
One of the most aggravating things about IDPA to me is the gear rules.  My real life EDC gear: light-equipped G19 and 45° IWB mag carrier (carried at 11:00) are not allowed in IDPA, but are allowed in USPSA.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I never understood some of the rules they have considering idpa is supposed to be based on "real life".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top