Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2019 4:31:25 PM EDT
I recently shot a Tier 3 match where a competitor failed Chrono by not making minimum power factor. The chrono  officials said he had a DQ and called for the match director as per rules. The match director shows up and talks to the competitor and chrono  officials then allows a reshoot with the competitors back up pistol. The guy had shot over half the match with the pistol that failed chrono yet he was allowed to continue the match for score after the back up pistol was used to pass chrono,the pistol appeared to be the same as his primary. Should this have stood as a DQ or should he have been allowed to continue the match?
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked it up in the rules? I would assume the match director knows his stuff but you never know.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Have you looked it up in the rules? I would assume the match director knows his stuff but you never know.
View Quote
Rule 5.4 for disqualification does not mention power factor specifically but elsewhere in the rules under 8.3.1 it says that minimum power factor for SSP is 125. He was using handloads that did not meet power factor in the pistol he had fired half the match with.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely seems weird but I've seen all kinds of weirdness with USPSA so you never know. Can you send IDPA a email to their NROI equivalent and ask directly?
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#4]
De rulez is whatever the MD sayz dey iz..
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely seems weird but I've seen all kinds of weirdness with USPSA so you never know. Can you send IDPA a email to their NROI equivalent and ask directly?
View Quote
I could but it didn’t directly effect me since I wasn’t competing in his division. It does make you wonder how the person who finished second place to him felt since the guy who failed chrono won his classification and got the 1st place plaque.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Still be nice to know what the official word was so that if you ever come across it in the future you are prepared. I had a buddy get bumped to open at a big USPSA match and a few months later there was a article in front sight addressing his very issue saying it wasn't a rules violation for production. Basically wasted his whole match.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Still be nice to know what the official word was so that if you ever come across it in the future you are prepared. I had a buddy get bumped to open at a big USPSA match and a few months later there was a article in front sight addressing his very issue saying it wasn't a rules violation for production. Basically wasted his whole match.
View Quote
I just sent an email but I will not hold my breath waiting for a reply anytime soon. I am probably done shooting IDPA due to the stupid rules and will mainly shoot USPSA in the future.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By barrysuperhawk:
De rulez is whatever the MD sayz dey iz..
View Quote
Which is just the thing that pushes people way from the sport.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve only shot a few but that was enough for me. USPSA is where it’s at between the two.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve only shot a few but that was enough for me. USPSA is where it’s at between the two.
View Quote
Well I am shocked, I just received a reply from headquarters. They said that failure to meet power factor should have been an equipment DQ and that the only time a back up pistol could have been used was if the original pistol became unserviceable due to mechanical failure. Wow, the guy not only won SSP Expert but got a match bump to Master.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BAMA47:

Well I am shocked, I just received a reply from headquarters. They said that failure to meet power factor should have been an equipment DQ and that the only time a back up pistol could have been used was if the original pistol became unserviceable due to mechanical failure. Wow, the guy not only won SSP Expert but got a match bump to Master.
View Quote
Gamers gonna game.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I would document it all very clearly and make sure they know exactly what happened and who all was involved. Sucks that happened.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:29:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

Gamers gonna game.
View Quote
I thought IDPA was too tactical for games?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top