Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2017 11:00:33 AM EDT
As a RN I'd like to take a class I'm interested in but also counts towards CE for license renewal. I also found out that I get 8 hours a year of paid time to use for CE from my hospital.

There's a class next month in mass I could probably take and it seems to kill 3 birds with one stone.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the accreditation on the course. It should state the approval of the provider and the content for contact hours and for what licenses. HTH.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 12:48:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: King_Mud] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By arbob:
Check the accreditation on the course. It should state the approval of the provider and the content for contact hours and for what licenses. HTH.
View Quote
This. Different states and all but I filled out paperwork for the state EMS and LE agencies so I can give credit for them. Ask your instructor and see.

There’s also a list from NREMT for other established courses like TECC that list credit hours and categories, maybe your licensing body has something like that?
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I'm waiting to hear back from the instructor.

Even if it doesn't count as CE I can still get a paid day off from work
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure about RI, but my company runs courses in PA and NJ that are approved by the states for CEUs.  The classes are National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) certification courses.  Check with your local Emergency Management Agency and see if they are running courses.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#6]
It depends on the TCCC Class and the training center. In many cases, the training center is reponsible for applying for the CEU credits in their states. If you are taking the NAEMT (National Assoc of EMTs) TCCC or TECC course, it approved for EMS CEUs through CAPCE. The training center that I work for in PA gives CEU credits for EMS, Municipal Police Officers, Nurses and teachers. Let me know if you need any help tracking down training centers in your state.
-Craig
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#7]
As an update theteccc instructor said some of the class may carry to ceus
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I doubt TCCC will qualify for CEU's. If you are stuck here are some great online classes that are free, and do qualify.
https://www.boundtree.com/university
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#9]
https://www.naemt.org/education/naemt-tccc

This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Emergency Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation to award 16 contact hours for TCCC-MP. CE expiration date: 2/1/2022.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top