Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2021 3:45:59 PM EDT
I took a night gunfighter course and the instructor taught us to cant our rifles so the IR laser was 12 o clock over the bore to eliminate issues with offset. Am I missing something or is this a really easy fix to having to know offset windage holds for converging zeros?

If your laser is directly above your bore and converges at a known distance like a 50/200m zero, doesn't that essentially turn it into the exact same holds as your optic? Your RDS is essentially a fixed point to infinity (like a laser) converging with your bore at a known distance and re intersecting with the bullet on it's flight path back down. Is it really this simple? I haven't seen this talked about anywhere outside of that class. Everyone seems to talk about just knowing your windage offsets with convergence and divergence.

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You are correct in your idea. While it will not be “exactly” the same (due to height of laser over bore not matching height of optic and having a different angle) it will be very close to the same. 👊🏼
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top