Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2019 2:59:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R_S]
While I'm not trading in my AR15's anytime soon, this is a nice discussion on the fundamentals of riflery.  It's somewhat similar to Fred's Guide to Becoming a Rifleman:

Becoming Riflemen

If you can't score 210 on the AQT course of fire... then its time to work on these skills.

AR15's shoot best off the magazine, so unless you've got a free-floating barrel, I don't recommend putting much pressure on your AR15 sling
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Got my rifleman badge in 2009, disappointed in how many people showed up with scoped rifles and could not qualify it's only 25 yards so I used a 10/22 with Tec sights.  I routinely shoot irons at 200 yards (longest distance at range), would like to do eat at real ranges maybe next summer vacation, got bored with ar15 but been thinking about revisting them still like the m1a and garand.

Snowman357
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By snowman357:
Got my rifleman badge in 2009, disappointed in how many people showed up with scoped rifles and could not qualify it's only 25 yards so I used a 10/22 with Tec sights.  I routinely shoot irons at 200 yards (longest distance at range), would like to do eat at real ranges maybe next summer vacation, got bored with ar15 but been thinking about revisting them still like the m1a and garand.

Snowman357
View Quote
In my experience most shooters do not have solid zero, nor can they reliably hit beyond 200 yards with a rifle.  That said people that compete or do a lot of shooting can hit Rifleman on the first go around.

Known-Distance Appleseeds are the next step after doing the 25 yard AQT.  It's the real deal using centerfire rifles out to an actual 400 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top