Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2020 10:16:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pepe-lepew]
My kid just upgraded to a Bison Armory left hand service rifle upper to start using optics. She was using a right hand A2 with ambi mag release. Is there anything she should be aware of switching?

I shoot right handed, left is foreign to me. The only thing I see is being careful not to drop the mag trying to close the bolt during rapids.

Link Posted: 11/22/2020 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m not a lefty either, but one issue I am aware of from my lefty friends, is that she will have to learn to manage the windage turret with some body English to avoid screwing up her position.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I shoot lefty and use a right eject upper and never had any problems. I prefer the Norgen style mag release and a Colt or Stag safety single side safety that can be swapped the other side

I slow fire prone its nice to able to see in the upper.

She is a lefty so she will adapt like she has been her whole life
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
She finally shot it at a mid range match. The range doesn’t allow muzzle above horizontal when loading. It was her first time using a left upper, optics and loading with it in her shoulder. The left hand port made it easy loading with it shouldered.

Her 20 round scores started 78% and 80% and half way through jumped to 90% and 91%, a personal best. She said she figured out her sling was slipping causing her to string vertically.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome. She will start to climb as she learns to call her shots and debug herself.

Congrats!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top