Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2019 3:36:40 PM EDT
First post!

So I did a search to not find much on training in Florida (all I found was Hybrid Tactics, which is a five hour drive!). I asked my local range RSO's for advise on who to get training from and they offered up a few options, but I wanted to hear some opinions from the guys here.

I'm mainly looking for carbine classes. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushido tactical. Never been but seems gtg
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Reston Training Group

Greenline Tactical

Both are solid guys in the Jacksonville area.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Quoted:
Reston Training Group

Greenline Tactical

Both are solid guys in the Jacksonville area.
All these seem great thanks!

Looks like great bang for buck with Reston. Two day course for 450 is seems pretty cheap doesn't it?
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking about moving to Orlando a couple years ago, and reached out to Universal Shooting Academy. The instructors seem pretty legit, though I have no experience as a student.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was thinking about moving to Orlando a couple years ago, and reached out to Universal Shooting Academy. The instructors seem pretty legit, though I have no experience as a student.
View Quote
USA is known as World Class.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I suppose this is the best answer then!
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:48:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Anywhere you see em coming ashore....
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Looks like great bang for buck with Reston. Two day course for 450 is seems pretty cheap doesn't it?
View Quote
 450 for two days a little high.

I know a place but it more then few hours from you.

Max Velocity out of WV   I  have been to quite a few of his classes, well worth the drive. He has all set up from CQB, FoF, Patrol to a long range intro corse. https://maxvelocitytactical.com
a lot of real world action
price is worth the training there.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Southern Exposure Training, just north of Lakeland, bout an hour west of Orlando. Randy Cain is the instructor there.

Looks like a carbine course with open slots is coming up in February.

http://www.southernexposuretraining.com/schedule.php
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#10]
450 for 2 days is not that expensive. The last pistol course I went to was 3 days for like 600-something dollars and we shot about 3200-3500 rounds and some of the course went into night, plus some FoF stuff. If the course is not close to a 1,000 rounds a day then look elsewhere. I see a lot of courses with low round counts and it makes me wonder what the hell they are doing all day. You should be good with either Reston or USA. Just looked at Bushido and they have a pretty low round count... might just be shorter training days???
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
450 for 2 days is not that expensive. The last pistol course I went to was 3 days for like 600-something dollars and we shot about 3200-3500 rounds and some of the course went into night, plus some FoF stuff. If the course is not close to a 1,000 rounds a day then look elsewhere. I see a lot of courses with low round counts and it makes me wonder what the hell they are doing all day. You should be good with either Reston or USA. Just looked at Bushido and they have a pretty low round count... might just be shorter training days???
View Quote
I suppose they are shorter. Reston and USA look great. Gonna make sure my schedule is clear before I send them an email. Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
World class service, too. I simply emailed them about some of the prerequisites for a couple courses, had gave them my shooting background (which is not all that impressive). Frank Garcia actually emailed me back, and asked if I'd be interested in private courses for $600/day. I think that's a pretty fair price for private lessons.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Southern Exposure Training, just north of Lakeland, bout an hour west of Orlando. Randy Cain is the instructor there.

Looks like a carbine course with open slots is coming up in February.

http://www.southernexposuretraining.com/schedule.php
View Quote
Another vote for Southern Exposure. I took two E.A.G. (RIP, Pat Rogers) carbine courses there. Traveled all the way from northern VA.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Another vote for Southern Exposure. I took two E.A.G. (RIP, Pat Rogers) carbine courses there. Traveled all the way from northern VA.
View Quote
Thanks for the info. Gonna shoot them an email.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I highly recommend Reston Group. I have taken his Performance Gunfighter class twice and it's definitely money well spent. Brian Canova has taken over instructing for EAG and is based out of St Augustine (Just South of JAX) and is another great class to look into. I took the EAG Carbine 2 when Pat was still around and Brian hosted Pat's class back then. Greenline Tactical would be another I would recommend as well.

If you have FB or IG, give the Gun Gallery Jax a follow. They host 8-10 classes a year and it's a mix of Carbine, Handgun, Scope Rifle. Some of the Instructors they bring in are Kyle Defoor, Kyle Lamb, Larry Vickers, Frank Proctor, Pat Mac, and a few others. The last class I took was the Defoor Scoped Rifle this past November and Jared Reston came on the last day to share some insight at the end of the class.

As already mentioned, Southern Exposure in Lakeland is another facility that brings in/hosts quality instructors and while I have not personally taken a course there, I have taken courses from some of the companies they host.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Not sure how close to you in Florida, but Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics would be one of my first choices in Florida.  He has a good Youtube channel if you want to see what he is about
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Have you checked out Florida Firearms Training? They are based out of Okeechobee Shooting Sports. There are already a few guys who travel from Orlando so the drive cant be that bad. Good group of guys and they do a monthly drill day (except during the summer) which is a good cheap way to stay on it.

Been training with them for a little over a year now and definitely worth checking out. They do everything from those just starting out to force on force and night fire classes.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Check out Gamut Resolutions with Bob Keller.

https://gamutresolutions.com
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Telluric Group in Brunswick, GA is slightly kore than 2 hours, but for low/no light stuff, they are awesome.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Lakeland has Southern Exposure whom has Randy Cain as their resident instructor and several guest instructors/schools
rolling throughout the year. I took two EAG Tactical classes there.

There is another thread around here on this very subject...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top