Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2019 2:24:56 AM EDT
Has anyone trained with Advantage Group out of Robert, LA? Now that VATA is no longer offering open enrollment courses I’m looking for other options within a 2 hour drive of Baton Rouge.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Have taken thier Carbine I course twice now. Tomorrow I’ll be attending the Carbine II. The outdoor facilities near Hammond are good for rifle and pistol work. Advantage group does training courses at FRC range in Baton Rouge also. Anything specific I can help answer?
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn’t FRC an indoor range?

What would you say the tempo of their outdoor Carbine course is? Do they get into movement drills at all or shooting from improvised positions?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes FRC is indoors.

The Carbine I course is for beginners and pacing is as fast as the weakest student.

Carbine II should be more up tempo and does include moving and shooting, rifle to pistol transitions and unusual shooting positions. All of this is spelled out in the course descriptions on the Advantage Group website.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have taken William Aprill's Unthinkable and Massad Ayoob's MAG20 at FRC.   GTG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top