Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
found out that this month is the month they do 4 qualifiers in the match.. So after this match I will be qualified and in the system.. The cost is $10 per event.. to help out with the targets, set-up, etc..

I've been in contact with the match director for the range and he has been very helpful with filling me in on all the little details.

Thanks for all the help fellas

"Classifiers" not qualifiers.

You will be classified in the Division you are shooting.

You need 6 classifiers in the system to get an initial classification. Then your average will be determined by the best 6 of the most recent 8.

Actually for your initial classification in a division it's the best 4 of the first 6. You need a minimum of 4 to get classified.
Good luck OP.  As long as you don't zero a classifier you should be good to go.

Thanks for the info and the good luck! I am very excited about the competition. I am going to the range this weekend to practice and shoot a little.

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
found out that this month is the month they do 4 qualifiers in the match.. So after this match I will be qualified and in the system.. The cost is $10 per event.. to help out with the targets, set-up, etc..

I've been in contact with the match director for the range and he has been very helpful with filling me in on all the little details.

Thanks for all the help fellas

"Classifiers" not qualifiers.

You will be classified in the Division you are shooting.

You need 6 classifiers in the system to get an initial classification. Then your average will be determined by the best 6 of the most recent 8.

Actually for your initial classification in a division it's the best 4 of the first 6. You need a minimum of 4 to get classified.
Good luck OP.  As long as you don't zero a classifier you should be good to go.

Yea, that's right. I always forget about the 4 of 6 thing.
Link Posted: 7/30/2011 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to USPSA!
I started shooting USPSA just last August, and have shot at least one match every month since.

I started out with a box stock Glock 17 in a SERPA holster, using two Blackhawk double mag pouches with 4 mags, all threaded on a Wilderness Instructor belt, shooting in Production Division.

Well, the competition bug bit me and I changed a few things. Now my Production set up is a Glock 34 with Warren Tactical sights with fiber optics, a Comp-Tac holster and mag pouches, carried on a CR Speed belt. I'm a 'C' Class shooter in Production and Limited using this set up.

Now I'm working on setting up a dedicated Limited rig instead of shooting both divisions with the same set up, and I also just recently started shooting Steel Challenge type matches. It never ends!
So consider this fair warning. It can become addicting!

Good luck, be safe, and have fun!
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Welcome to USPSA!
I started shooting USPSA just last August, and have shot at least one match every month since.

I started out with a box stock Glock 17 in a SERPA holster, using two Blackhawk double mag pouches with 4 mags, all threaded on a Wilderness Instructor belt, shooting in Production Division.

Well, the competition bug bit me and I changed a few things. Now my Production set up is a Glock 34 with Warren Tactical sights with fiber optics, a Comp-Tac holster and mag pouches, carried on a CR Speed belt. I'm a 'C' Class shooter in Production and Limited using this set up.

Now I'm working on setting up a dedicated Limited rig instead of shooting both divisions with the same set up, and I also just recently started shooting Steel Challenge type matches. It never ends!

Are you going to build a STI/SV for Limited, or use a G35?

I have used both and I'm thinking about going back to a G35 to go for the M card in L10.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome to USPSA!

I have used both and I'm thinking about going back to a G35 to go for the M card in L10.

Actually, I have a G20SF that I am going to turn into a Limited gun. The plan is to use a LWD longslide and .40 conversion barrel, among other things. If you've ever seen pics of COSteve's custom G20L, that is essentially what I'm going to build, just on an SF frame. I figured this is a more affordable way to go right now, and I like the Glock platform, especially since I'm so used to Glocks since I've been shooting them almost exclusively for the last 10 years or so. Also, for whatever reason, I have found that I actually shoot the larger 10mm/.45 Glocks better than the smaller 9mm/.40 frame Glocks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome to USPSA!

Actually, I have a G20SF that I am going to turn into a Limited gun. The plan is to use a LWD longslide and .40 conversion barrel, among other things. If you've ever seen pics of COSteve's custom G20L, that is essentially what I'm going to build, just on an SF frame. I figured this is a more affordable way to go right now, and I like the Glock platform, especially since I'm so used to Glocks since I've been shooting them almost exclusively for the last 10 years or so. Also, for whatever reason, I have found that I actually shoot the larger 10mm/.45 Glocks better than the smaller 9mm/.40 frame Glocks.

Ahhhhh, I see.

I shoot the smaller frame better.

I have a 2011-framed Limited gun now, but there is something about the Glock that I really like.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#7]
6 days till my first match ever.. tonight i'm gonna strap up my belt and practice reloads and draws..

Super pumped!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#8]
What class is best for a first timer?? I will be shooting a m&p 9 mm with 17 round mag.. I will be carrying 2-4 spare mags on me.. Depending on what I shoot in..

Thanks for the replies!
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What class is best for a first timer?? I will be shooting a m&p 9 mm with 7 round mag.. I will be carrying 2-4 spare mags on me.. Depending on what I shoot in..

Thanks for the replies!

If you meant a 17rd mag, shoot Production Division.

You may load no more than 10rds in your mags.

(OK, actually, you can't have more than 10 in the mags after the beep. That means you can have 11 in your first mag. You stick it in the gun, rack the slide and then you have 1+10, you are legal.)

Mag holders and holster must be behind the point of your pelvic girdle. (That's the boney ridge to the sides of your abs, below your belt.)

Production shoots Minor scoring, every gun is equal.

OR

Load the mags to 17rds and shoot Limited Minor. Then you don't have to worry about where the pouches and holster go. Also, you don't have to worry about 10+1 in the gun, reloads are not as important.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep.
Shooting LIMITED division may be a good way to start.

loading your mags up to 17 means less mag changes and you can concentrate more on shooting and moving.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 4:47:02 AM EDT
[#11]
So, how'd it go.

My club match was cancelled due to weather.  Bummer.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 5:43:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a blast man. My times were a little slow and that hurt my scores but overall I was very pleased with myself. I did better than I expected. In production I shot 17th out of 25. Not too bad for my first time. I will be classified now since all five stages were classifiers. I had one miss and no dq's I was happy. I will definitely be back to it again next month. The most fun I have had shooting in a long time.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Note you will only be classified if you join USPSA.

You do not need to be a uspsa member to shoot uspsa matches.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I paid to compete in the match for them to submit my scores.. Will this classify me?
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#15]

you need to join USPSA to get a membership number

https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-join-renew.php

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I paid to compete in the match for them to submit my scores.. Will this classify me?

NOPE.

Some MD do not upload the scores to USPSA if your not a member, but will if they know you are a pending member ( have not joined but are planing on it in the next few days).

I knew of a club that lets members shoot the first match for free if they join USPSA at the match.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:08:16 AM EDT
[#17]
signed up for a membership a few days ago!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Contact your match director, tell him your number is pending. That way he can/will report the classifiers to the USPSA.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Contact your match director, tell him your number is pending. That way he can/will report the classifiers to the USPSA.

Aight will do! Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Shot another match today... Didn't do as good as I wished but still had a blast!! Weather was perfect!! I need to get out and practice more!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top