Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2021 9:29:41 AM EDT
just put together an lmt 308, all new LMT parts, 7.62 cl light barrel, F/A BCG, will not eject, carrier will come part way back and stop, sometimes takes two hands to pull on C/H to eject round. shot ten times, lost 3 primers, hornady a max 155 gr. try to drop a round in by hand will not go into chamber far enough to lock bolt, if I drop the bolt from release it will slam the round fully into chamber, seems like the chamber is just to tight, any one have any thoughts, have not heard back from LMT yet
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Factory ammo or reloads?
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#2]
factory hornady amax black
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]
LMT will most likely make it right.

I strongly recommend the JP high pressure bolt.  Not that it is stronger than others, just the firing pin hole is smaller.  

If you have any other factory ammunition I would suggest trying that as well.  A friend had a GAP 10 that had similar issues and it was sent back to them twice with nothing resolved.  Finally a truly world famous armorer found that the bolt was not locking fully into battery.  Yes GAP that's a simple enough thing to find if you look at it.

I hope LMT does a better job handling your issue.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 2:10:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 308Sako:

I strongly recommend the JP high pressure bolt.  Not that it is stronger than others, just the firing pin hole is smaller.  
View Quote

Not needed. Lmt uses a .068” firing pin as standard
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#6]
tried  3different ammo brands, hornady,federal and winchester, same issue with all three. sent it off to lmt 7 weeks later was told they were unable to duplicate problem. sending it back to me. Not sure what to do with this boat anchor now. I'll attempt to put more rounds through it, if it fails I'll bring it to a local smith.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Get headspace gauges and check that way.  

Also, look up Teslong borescope and get one from Amazon, then post pictures of the chamber and throat here.  

Drop a round in (at the range) and slam it home, then try ejecting it.  Or reload a dummy round without primer.  You might find engraving on the bullet meaning the throat is fucked up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 12:57:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a 10.5” lmt 300 blk barrel that would blow out primers and lock the gun up. Sent it back to them and they claimed the chamber may have been too tight due to the chrome being to thick in the chamber and they cleared it up and sent it back to me. Took it to the range and it kept blowing primers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top