[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Wet tumbling
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 5:49:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cruze5] [#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#8]
saw a guy at the range last week using 0000 steel wool to clean necks, was working pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Just use a FART wet tumbler and a dehydrator to dry your cases.

You'll thank me later.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 9:08:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility] [#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Lol the OCD of loading. Tumble them and load them. Cold day in hell before I am wiping every piece of brass like a baby’s ass after each shot. Lol A little darkness won’t do anything but you might want to tumble them longer and use some polish as most all comes off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Lol the OCD of loading. Tumble them and load them. Cold day in hell before I am wiping every piece of brass like a baby’s ass after each shot. Lol A little darkness won’t do anything but you might want to tumble them longer and use some polish as most all comes off.

I usually do an hour in corncob before decapping/trimming/sizing/trimming then another two to three hours before priming. The necks always have a little bit of black grime on them.

Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
Walnut media, Nufinish, size, load.

Shiny cases do nothing, and wet tumbling is a no go for me because it adds more steps to an already tedious process.

I have to agree. It looks like quite a process just to get some slightly shinier brass.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cruze5:

I got 7 lbs of Media on clearance for 7 dollars

Are you putting your brass in the oven to dry it or what is your method?    I have a cheap ultra sonic cleaner I tried but the max it goes up to is like 480 seconds   When I took the brass out (overnight)the primer pockets all turned white using a method I read online with a mixture of dawn soap

Drying really isn’t saving me any time I would rather dry tumble
View Quote

I use a cheap Walmart food dehydrator. Takes 30min to dry.

So 2hrs to wet tumble and 30min to dry and I'm loading.

That's just as fast as dry tumbling if you dry tumble to polished clean except we tumbling is way cleaner and safer (no lead dust).
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By reelserious:
saw a guy at the range last week using 0000 steel wool to clean necks, was working pretty good.
View Quote

This works for me as well.  A quick twist is all it usually takes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I wet tumble for 20-30min with a dab of dawn, rinse and air dry for a day or two if I'm not in a hurry which I'm usually not. I don't care if the brass is a little discolored. I also like to leave some carbon inside the neck as it seems to help get a consistent/smooth seating. Getting the brass squeaky clean makes seating inconsistent or stagy instead of a smooth press IME.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I run my cases through a deprimer die then sonic clean them if there's still stubborn residue on the neck a quick wipe of the paper towel get's it. Then I drop them into my tumbler for a couple hours. If the cases aren't to bad I might just wipe them with a cloth with some acetone to get the dust off and load them. Just depends how nasty they are.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:06:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cruze5] [#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top