Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2022 9:38:08 PM EDT
I ordered a 24” aero upper and bcg today. I can’t find many reviews on them and was wondering what kind of accuracy I should be expecting. I’m hoping for a tack driver so I can justify the lower I’m putting together for it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#1]
For a factory built relatively affordable/budget upper I'd expect around 1.5" with quality ammo and shoot shooting form. Might do better, but I wouldn't "expect" it to.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 4:18:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Tim300wsm:
I ordered a 24” aero upper and bcg today. I can’t find many reviews on them and was wondering what kind of accuracy I should be expecting. I’m hoping for a tack driver so I can justify the lower I’m putting together for it.
View Quote
Aero uses BA barrels, maybe you can find something on them.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
A 20" Ballistic Advantage 6.5 Creedmoor barrel with Aero nitride BCG in an Aero M5 enhanced upper/lower combo was my first precision-oriented rifle.  Right off the bat it was a sub MOA shooter with factory Hornady 140 BTHP and 147 ELD-M.  After I got used to shooting it, I was able to get consistent sub 0.5-0.75 MOA at 100 yd w/ the 147s.  It was the first gun I took beyond 600 yd and it made it downright easy.  I have no experience with the 24" since I wanted to keep the overall length relatively short w/ the can on.  Hopefully yours shoots as well as mine does, good luck.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one, and it’s a laser beam. I have no idea if I just got lucky or what, but it shot an 8-round sub MOA group the first day I had it out.

I bought it used from a guy that said he shot it out to 750, and the barrel only had a few hundred rounds on it.

Maybe I just got a lucky one, but I’ve generally had MOA or sub MOA out of any BA barrel I’ve used it shot.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Building one right now, every review of the barrel I've seen has been positive and several documenting regular. 5 moa capable. If I get the same I'll be very happy. I shimmed the extension as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top